By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy an FFVII Remake?

Would you buy a FFVII Remake?

Yes - since i loved it back in the day! 205 81.67%

Yes - even tho' i'm not... 9 3.59%

Yes - i havent played any Final Fantasy yet. 6 2.39%

Yes - even though i dont play RPGs normally. 0 0%

No - i did play it, and N... 3 1.20%

No - i am not really into RPGs. 2 0.80%

No - FFVII was awful comp... 5 1.99%

Yes, when it isnt full-priced anymore. 5 1.99%

maybe / Not sure 6 2.39%

Results 10 3.98%

Total:251

EDIT: i fucked up. (like this would be something new in my threads) - consider the second answer to be also understood as 'Yes - since i like the franchise, but missed VII'.

Hey,

for a long time now, i could have been considered one of those 'Nay' Sayers, who thought an FFVII Remake wouldnt be able to make enough profit to justify remaking it. (Except for a Mobile Platform maybe), since - stashing all that content that was Final Fantasy VII into a shiny new HD Coat, together with completely new animations, Cutscenes, Voiceovers and more onto one of the known Current Gen Consoles, would just be too costly, even with 2-3 Million Units sold.

yes, i actually thought, that the only people who would be interrested in a remake of a Game that was released more than a decade ago, would be those people who've bought it back then, and even on a potential userbase of the mentioned people, not nearly all of those would be buying it, since priorities and hobbies change with time.

but yesterday, i talked to a mate of mine, and we came to talk about RPGs. (starting with the RPG Elements of Deus Ex, and the Qualities of Dark Souls.. aye, i wanted to convince him to give this masterpiece a try ;p).. and for some reason, we changed over to Final Fantasy, and what a mixed Bag FFXIII was. (since he wasnt a big FF Guy to beginn with, and only played XIII because i lend it to him, we wasnt able to compare it to older entries of the series)

and he told me that, since many are defending this game to be one of the greatest things ever created by developers, he would be actually looking forward to a remake, and he told me how teased he felt, when the E3 tech Demo back in the day didnt mean anything.

i was kinda stunned to be honest, and so i ask you - would you buy it? And, did you play more than just a few FF Games before? i am really curious right now!

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

i fucked up. (like this would be something new in my threads) - consider the second answer to be also understood as 'Yes - since i like the franchise, but missed VII'.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I voted the first option, but I mean the new second option

I never played FF7 and I'd like to see what the fuss is about :)

Day 1.

Of course. I would buy any of them if they were full fledged remakes.

Around the Network

go to edit thread so you can fix it. the edit in the post not the one at the bottom.

i'm all for it. i missed it the first time around. i'd love to have it now.

It would be horrible if SE released a FF VII remake. I can only imagine what would happen. The skies would turn crimson. The screams of lovers and haters of the original, would create vibrations so powerful that it would cause earthquakes that would exceed magnitude 10.0 and tsunamis 2 miles high. So if SE wants to cause Armageddon all they have to do is remake FF VII.

Most definitely.

-

I would buy it, although I can just picture the bloody murder being screamed by its fanboys if even one thing was out of place.

Day 1 no doubt! Ff7 is my favorite game of all time. Hell yeah I would definitely buy it.