By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Skyward Sword Thread!!

Tagged games:

Okay, I thought that they could at least bring some decent points, but no.
Not only the Metascore went down for that crappy review, but the review was bad itself.
I wonder how only Gamespot had issues with WM+ accuracy. And theyy are complaining about lock on targeting. WTF?!

Around the Network

I find it strange that they complain that this feels exactly the same as other Zelda games, when so many reviewers have commented on how different this is to other Zelda games. I understand reviews are reflective of different opinions, but surely, if the Zelda formula is so heavily ingrained and over-used as this review claims, then it would be easy to notice any changes to it???

The complaints about the controls are also quite bizarre--I haven't heard anything of the sort from any review. Obviously I can't judge that for myself until I play the game, but for outlets that would ping the game relentlessly for messing up something as basic as a control system (Edge, GamesTM, Eurogamer) to have praised the controls endlessly, it does make me wonder what's going on here. Granted, motion controls probably vary in effectiveness from user to user far more than button controls will, but it almost sounds like a professional reviewer has a faulty Motion Plus. Then again, he does mention problems with "infra-red aiming" which the game doesn't use--the game uses the gyroscopes and motion sensors, so I guess it's not much of a surprise he had problems with controls.

I can't judge this until I play the game, really. And that's a few weeks off. I don't think we can call this man biased--he gave Galaxy 2 a perfect score, I think. But we have the most experimental Zelda (structurally and in terms of gameplay) since Majora's Mask, and the odd critic still insists Zelda hasn't changed in the 5 years since Twilight Princess?? That genuinely confuses me.

DISPATCHED!... Delivery tomorrow!

They could have at least gave it a 8.5 but not they had to suck eggs and give it 7.5.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

morenoingrato said:
Not only the Metascore went down for that crappy review, but the review was bad itself.
I wonder how only Gamespot had issues with WM+ accuracy. And theyy are complaining about lock on targeting. WTF?!

No, the worst part was complaining about IR pointer not being accurate when using the bow...

...that's because it uses the gyroscope, not the pointer.

If someone can't even figure THAT out and is complaining about the controls when it's obvious he has no idea how to play the game, the review shouldn't be credited at ALL/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

At least one happy guy. I'm getting it on satursday at my retailer.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

TWRoO said:

Same for me as well, unless my postman steals it...

VGChartz

NintendoLife 10/10

http://wii.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/11/legend_of_zelda_skyward_sword_wii

for refrence, they gave TP 8/10

Conegamer said:
morenoingrato said:

No, the worst part was complaining about IR pointer not being accurate when using the bow...

...that's because it uses the gyroscope, not the pointer.

If someone can't even figure THAT out and is complaining about the controls when it's obvious he has no idea how to play the game, the review shouldn't be credited at ALL/

Ah cool, so it's like the archery in Sports Resort.

I'm regretting creating blinking text now that people are quoting it

I was mainly doing it as a kind of protest against the ridiculous restrictions put on our posting nowadays. (not being able to colour or resize text without resorting to html/css)