By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Skyward Sword Thread!!

Tagged games:

morenoingrato said:

Gametrailers rant.... I mean, review up!!
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-zelda-skyward/723945?

9.1 - Well, I mean, the score seems okay, but some of the complains seem to show the secret message: "Not Ocarina". Not to mention laughable nitpicking.
Also, it is spoiler-ish, you've been warned.

I'm actually surprised at this score.

Around the Network
Level1Death said:
morenoingrato said:

9.1 - Well, I mean, the score seems okay, but some of the complains seem to show the secret message: "Not Ocarina". Not to mention laughable nitpicking.

You mean because it is very high compared to all the complains?

Me too.

morenoingrato said:
Level1Death said:
morenoingrato said:

You mean because it is very high compared to all the complains?

Me too.

Ya, namely after the bitching they did on the podcast. I just love how they (GT) love modern warfare, when most of their "critisisms" of zelda can be applied to that franchise. (I like ModernWarfare, but even I can say it is the samish, if not a downgrade vs black ops.)

I'm pretty sure that if fishing were in the game he would still complain " Is fishing in every f*** Zelda game?! Ocarina 4.0?! "

Maybe for Zelda WiiU if they have a reviewer who knows which console is in and what the hardware can/cannot do I'll care again about what they has to say. I'll pass completly from they review.

Edit: Read some comments around the web about the review. Apparently, was even worse than I thought. Complains a lot but then gave a high score. I loved their TP review, my favorite for the game, what a contrast.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm thinking it will settle at 94. Though 94 would make it the worst reviewed main Zelda game rofl (even below Majora's Mask O.o)

Around the Network

Every time a game is released that is a 9.5-10 that game becomes the standard. Which means if two years later a clone of the same game was released it should receive a 7.5 or something like that since it is now only on par with the standard set years before it. All games released after that should be better than the new set standard in order for it get a perfect 10 not just as good.

It's the reason why uncharted 3 isn't getting as high of scores as Uncharted 2 because that game became the bench mark. Uncharted 3 was only on par with Uncharted 2 so it can't get the same score since the game was released 2 years after the standards for genre was set. Gaming standards should be increasing as more amazing games get released.

Which is why I don't get Zelda reviews. Oot was released 10 years ago and the next entries are barely able to surpass it. Oot set the standard so if another Zelda game is released that only meets it's level of excellence or only barely exceeds it shouldn't it receive at most an 8 since it couldn't surpass the standard set which would now become the 7.5 level?

Boutros said:
I'm thinking it will settle at 94. Though 94 would make it the worst reviewed main Zelda game rofl (even below Majora's Mask O.o)

Not exactly: http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=&cat=0&year=0&numrev=1&sort=0&letter=&search=zelda

I think it will settle out mid-95, but we won't be sure until about mid-December.

spurgeonryan said:
Is IGN retarded!
Cave story 3D received the same score (Unnecessary they said), Pixel junk sidescroller got a better score. Are they truly saying that this game deserved a B+? Great, fine score! But did it control bad? Bad Graphics? Short play time? Glitches galore? That is totally unacceptable from 1up.com

And I will tell them in a nasty gram.

They are clearly biased! Skyrim has bug all over yet it got a higher score most likely because it is HD and i don't even need to make sure if they did give it a higher score :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Good score, but very disappointed with the review. The complaints made no sense whatsoever (no sidequests???) and the score doesn't corralate at all. I'm very disappointed they didn't have the guts to give it a bad score or to admit they liked it despite it not BEING IN HAICHDEE AND WITH GUNS AND SHIT!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Updated the OP again with a few more reviews, including the GameTrailers...review (?)

Not bad. Not bad at all

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.