By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Naughty Dog game INFO! Launch date 2014/2015

Guys, i bring this news exclusively for you. Today i heard in the radio that an acclaimed Argentinian musician, Gustavo Santaolalla, winner of two oscars, was contracted by sony to be the music producer of the next Naughty Dog game.

His words about this new game were:

"...no puedo adelantar mucho, pero para los que entienden de videojuegos les puedo adelantar que se trata de los mismos desarrolladores de un juego llamado Uncharted, que justamente en estos dias esta sacando la tercera edicion..."

"este nuevo juego es la mayor obra que esta desarrollando esta empresa, es una de las historias mas emotivas que vi en mi vida, y hablo de un videojuego. Tiene accion y mucho dramatismo"

Rough translations:

"...I Can't give much information, but for those who understand about videogames, i can say that it's about the same producers of a game called Uncharted, developers that are delivering their third installment in the series these days"

"This new game is the BIGGEST JOB that the company is developing, it's one of the most emotional stories i've saw in my life, and i'm talking about a videogame. It has lots of action and drama"

Gustavo Santaolalla also said that Sony already gave to him the script and he begun the work in the composition of the music, and that he signed a confidentiality contract...

The game is expected to be launched in 2014/2015 according to Santaolalla.

This is only the link to the presentation of the interview

http://basta.metro951.com/2011/10/19/sin-auriculares-gustavo-santaolalla/

I'll try to get you the audio of the interview or at least some information about it!

And here it is! you'll need to download it. Sorry! :S

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn4i1c70ms3yxca

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

Link?
Anyway, someone is gonna get fiiiired

Signed a confidentiality contract but is already telling us what is probably too much, tehe

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

this is the radio link, and the presentation to the interview, i'm still trying to get an audio link.

http://basta.metro951.com/2011/10/19/sin-auriculares-gustavo-santaolalla/

He also said that the new game launch date is in 2014/2015!

If it's not Uncharted 4, color me interested.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

looks like it'll be a PS4 release! looks like they're making a new IP... the Uncharted IP will go to a new developer?

He won't get into trouble. He gave away nothing that wouldn't be found on a typical linkedin website etc.

All we know is Naughty Dog hired him for a game they intend to release in a few years. oh noess!!!!1elevinityone

Well following the news that Sony recently bought the rights back to Crash Bandicoot, I would hope it'd be a reboot of Crash!

Early PS4 title. ND moving to a new franchise like they do every generation. I hope they can put a decent team on to making Jak 4 as a swan song from Naughty Dog for PS3. This means PS4 tech specs are probably already set in stone.

Decently priced PC HW today is 1GB graphics, 4GB RAM, 3.3GHz CPU. I can see PS4 being somewhere around there. I wonder if they are going to make a Cell 2 or go with a std form of CPU.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Early PS4 title. ND moving to a new franchise like they do every generation. I hope they can put a decent team on to making Jak 4 as a swan song from Naughty Dog for PS3. This means PS4 tech specs are probably already set in stone.

Decently priced PC HW today is 1GB graphics, 4GB RAM, 3.3GHz CPU. I can see PS4 being somewhere around there. I wonder if they are going to make a Cell 2 or go with a std form of CPU.

PS4 is releasing in 2013 and this game sounds like late 2014/early 2015 game... so its not "early" but just very large in scope and will be a 2/3rd year effort.

PS4 will probably have an Uncharted4 launch game though and this game in the OP is probably a new IP vs uncharted series.