By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: X360 Selling at a higher average price than PS3

leatherhat said:
yo_john117 said:
leatherhat said:
yo_john117 said:
leatherhat said:
how is it averaging $306? Isn't the most expensive xbox 300?

The most expensive 360s are the $400 Kinect 250GB/Special edition consoles.

The $400 Gears 3 bundle is what likely brought the price up so much from last month.

Ok then. So basically no news here?

No it is news seeing as this is the first month that this has happened. 

And possibly last with the gears bundle gone. 

Last this month (October)? I don't think so. It probably won't be last for the rest of the year 

Around the Network

isn't NPD said about 50% people buying kinect bundle,i guess thats why August average price was $280

D-Joe said:
isn't NPD said about 50% people buying kinect bundle,i guess thats why August average price was $280

That can't be right. If 50% of people were buying Kinect bundles in the US than Kinect Adventures would have sold roughly 25-40k per week depending in Americas a week.

yo_john117 said:
D-Joe said:

That can't be right. If 50% of people were buying Kinect bundles in the US than Kinect Adventures would have sold roughly 25-40k per week depending in Americas a week.

ah...you can ask ioi

It's a one off thing that happened in September due to the Gears 3 bundle and of course it had to be cherry picked.

Around the Network

360 is just the console of choice in America and it's difficult to change that this late in the gen.

Same when PS3 was outselling X360 in EMEAA at quite a higher price.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Im guessing this is a good thing for MS in America?

So yes, with the PS3 price cut, it is now below the average 360 price, even if the 360 had no Gears 3 bundle (July 360 - $280, September PS3 - $271).

It is totally beacause of bundle with Kinect that cost 400 dollares, on the other side the most expensive PS3 is a bundle with move that is 350 dollares.

"If consumers think that the Xbox 360 offers a better value, then the $50 PS3 price cut could bring the PS3's average price below that of the Xbox 360 without actually driving PS3 sales higher than Xbox 360 sales.”

No that's not the case. Its all brand awareness and "my friend has an Xbox so I want one too".