By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So Forza 4 Impressions. :)

kiefer23 said:
yo_john117 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
just wanted to know if anyone would be able clarify this (im thinking about buying either forza 4 or gt5)

but ive been reading a lot of comparisons/ reviews where it seems foza is more of an arcade sim whereas gt5 is the closest thing to a racing sim we will get on consoles. Particular because of the physics engine. Can anyone who has played both games clarify?

The differences between F4 and GT5 are so small. F4 just gives you the option if you want to play more like arcade sim or pure sim.

Yeah. Forza can hold your hand if you want it to or you can turn everything off and it'll bite off your hand instead.

Physics are only part of the simulation for me. The audio and the visuals which are unmatched are also deciding factors on the total immersion.

I can't imagine what F4 would be like if you had a 7.1 sound system, 42"+ HDTV (or even better yet a 3 screen setup) and a top of the line steering wheel. God that would be so incredible!

Around the Network

After playing for a bit last night I remembered why I hate Amalfi Coast. I've also noticed I keep getting American muscle cars when I reach a new level.

yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:
yo_john117 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
just wanted to know if anyone would be able clarify this (im thinking about buying either forza 4 or gt5)

but ive been reading a lot of comparisons/ reviews where it seems foza is more of an arcade sim whereas gt5 is the closest thing to a racing sim we will get on consoles. Particular because of the physics engine. Can anyone who has played both games clarify?

The differences between F4 and GT5 are so small. F4 just gives you the option if you want to play more like arcade sim or pure sim.

Yeah. Forza can hold your hand if you want it to or you can turn everything off and it'll bite off your hand instead.

Physics are only part of the simulation for me. The audio and the visuals which are unmatched are also deciding factors on the total immersion.

I can't imagine what F4 would be like if you had a 7.1 sound system, 42"+ HDTV (or even better yet a 3 screen setup) and a top of the line steering wheel. God that would be so incredible!

I have the 50'' HDTV, a 1700 watt 7.2 surround sound........ I'm just missing the wheel.

I'm looking into getting a Fanatec Forza wheel at the moment!!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

damn you? your just evil! you really shoudn't do that to people that kills every fly, roach, or bug that dares cross his path. you get a kick you of it don't you, and you better not be laughing at me either.

i'm going to get you.

http://youtu.be/0zByTib5nfc

Bwahahahahahah!

Another victim.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

Around the Network

Fantastic game! will waste hours of my life over the coming month on this.......

wick said:
yo_john117 said:
kiefer23 said:
yo_john117 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I have the 50'' HDTV, a 1700 watt 7.2 surround sound........ I'm just missing the wheel.

I'm looking into getting a Fanatec Forza wheel at the moment!!

You my friend are a lucky sod!

organiccowman said:
Fantastic game! will waste hours of my life over the coming month on this.......

Want to join the Vgchartz car club?

Well my luck ran out :(

Fanatec don't ship to Australia.

Any other recommendations for a good belt driven wheel??

I saw the Porsche wheel in 2 online-shops, (gamesmen and penta.com.au) but both want nearly 800$. What a ripp-of.
The next best to Fanatec ist the Microsoft-Wheel, perhaps the new Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 could be useful.