By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WiiU is not a next-generation system!

They always miss Nintendos point

Around the Network

apparently they never get what Nintendo is all about....
let me spell it out for them...I-N-N-O-V-A-T-I-O-N
and Quality Games

theARTIST0017 said:
DélioPT said:
We only have had a glimpse of what Wii U can do graphically and those who had a private showing seemed to be even more impressed.
Nintendo might do wonders in everything else, but if the graphics aren`t "that good" it hasn`t moved past this generation... Why is it all about graphics?

Well said. Honestly people are too focused on the graphical capabilities of games. But when do we ever stop to think about, hmm we don't know anything about the Wii U except for some tech demos. And if you ask many out there, the tech demos were very impressive. So the end question is just like how you asked, why is it all about the graphics?

I believe we can get a genuine answer until we see some graphical capabilities of ps4/nextbox.

Exactly, what has been shown has in no way shown what Wii U can do.
I do believe that the next xbox or PS won`t be nothing more than an evolution of what we already have: better in general, but nothing that really sets them apart, unless - and this is probably the only thing of real importance - they find a way to mix with games the same experience that people have with their TVs, Ipads and social networks.
More horsepower (not just graphics like oniyide mentioned) can`t be the only way for videogames anymore, all of them need to expand in what they can offer. That`s why i believe that all of them will focus less on horsepower and more on things that allow them to reach a bigger audience.

Strange thing is, since Wii was such a letdown in some things this generation, and supposing it will correct them in a  strong way, Wii U might just have more of an impact than the other two!

I can`t speak for Sony and MS, but i do believe Wii U`s 3rd party support, online support and appeal to "Ipad"/"Facebook" users might be greater than we think.
Fingers crossed!

oh it's pachter

moving on.

SW-5120-1900-6153

There are still 3rd party exclusives? really?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Pineapple said:

Pacther is using a different definition of video game "generations" than we at VGChartz are, isn't he? We look at it from when it releases, he views it from a technological point of view. He's said that the PsP was a generation ahead of DS, and considers the Wii to be a 6th generation machine.

That view is something I disagree with, but considering that he views it from a technological standpoint, saying it isn't quite a next generation machine isn't that stupid.

The rest of what he says about the WiiU seems correct (although a bit obvious).

He uses an incorrect definition of generation. There is no reason why we shouldn't criticise him for that.

Pineapple said:

Pacther is using a different definition of video game "generations" than we at VGChartz are, isn't he? We look at it from when it releases, he views it from a technological point of view. He's said that the PsP was a generation ahead of DS, and considers the Wii to be a 6th generation machine.

That view is something I disagree with, but considering that he views it from a technological standpoint, saying it isn't quite a next generation machine isn't that stupid.

The rest of what he says about the WiiU seems correct (although a bit obvious).

By that logic, the GCN and Xbox were a generation ahead of the Dreamcast and almost a generation ahead of the PS2. But you certainly wouldn't ever accept that statement, would you?

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'm with the general consensus that a generation is determined by the release dates of the systems, and not the technology in the machine.

VGKing said:
"Fact is we know WiiU is going to be superior to PS3/360 in almost every way. "
Not in online services...
Definitely in system specs though. But not my much. Nintendo wants to make a profit with each unit sold.

.. and you know thuis because.... yeah, you're making shit up.

We all know nothing of the final product or its services.

Definitely not a new generation, not because of its technical achievement but because generation doesnt exist anymore.