By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Republicans scared away part of their own base.

Jumpin said:

Pointing out that the stereotype exists was the point of my post.

Also, it's complete hore crap if you think that is just one rare moron among the bunch. This whole "Tea Party" thing is well known to be full of crazies and idiots - Bill Maher, Steve Colbert, and John Stewart have made entire TV series' dedicated to showing the world how stupid these people actually are. Essentially, these guys are the same as Black Panthers, except white, far more stupid, and wield guns like wild people, not because of intimidation against the police who brutalized and murdered their people (as the black panthers did), but because they're just plain insane. In fact, the great irony is that the people who were largely against the Black Panthers are largely the same ones who make up this "tea party". Bill Maher explains their whole ridiculous stance quite well:

With how much of a field-day people are having demonstrating the ignorance and craziness of the Occupy Wallstreet protestors, has it ever occurred to you that extremist groups tend to have a lot of ignorant and/or crazy people within them; and heavily edited videos presented from biased sources don’t give an accurate view of the majority of the protestors?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
spurgeonryan said:
I was likely to vote republican until The Bush came along as well. From then on I voted for Carey, and ...well I sent an absentee ballot for Obama, but it was returned to sender somehow. But I will vote the same way for the rest of my life now because of The Bush.

What exactly turned you off about Bush?  Was it excessive spending?  The wars?  The bailouts of companies?  The reason I ask is, if those are the reasons, why vote for a Democrat?  They are more of the same, only on a whole other level.

Those are good points to dislike Bush and you are correct that Democrats have the same problems.  However, let me add a few other things that happened under Bush that makes me really dislike him.  How about signing bills into law saying he didn't have to abide by it (aka torture bill)?  How about the Patriot Act?  How about not following the Geneva Conventions?  How about suspending habeas corpus?  I could keep going since there was plenty of bullshit going on during his presidency.  Anyways, I dislike both parties and our political system.  Screw the two-party system.  Multi-party system is a far better option considering when voting in a multi-party system your vote isn't worthless if you voted for someone besides the winner.  Two-party/winner takes all systems breed shitty parties to stay in power like the Democrats and Republicans.

"Examples of countries with two-party systems include the United States, Jamaica and (an exception to the rule) Malta." -wiki

Very few democracies are two-party/winner takes all systems.  Why do we have to put up with such a shitty form of democracy?  Funny that even when we established "democracy" in Iraq that we set up a multi-party system.  Who would want such a shitty system known as the two-party system? Not me...

Jumpin said:
Allfreedom99 said:
Jumpin said:
Allfreedom99 said:
Jumpin said:
From what I understand - Republicans = the stupid party, whose people think the sun revolves around the earth, and don't know where Iraq is on a map.

Maybe that is what keeps people away. It's somewhat surprising that about half of the US seems to vote for them - this is why a lot of stereotypes about Americans exist.

you are making a sterotype claim that really dosn't exist.

Insane American Republican complaining about taxes and government spending.... all the while living on welfare.  

nice commical map, but dosn't really prove every Republican is somehow stupid. I will give props to the map being funny, but its just a stereotype that dosn't prove anything.

The video is of some random guy at a tea party rally. thats it. some random guy. I could probably go to any political movement or rally and find at least one person that doesn't have much of an education. Its all just stereotypes created by media for ratings honestly. It really just comes down to difference of opinions. One method of running a government VS. another.

Pointing out that the stereotype exists was the point of my post.

Also, it's complete hore crap if you think that is just one rare moron among the bunch. This whole "Tea Party" thing is well known to be full of crazies and idiots - Bill Maher, Steve Colbert, and John Stewart have made entire TV series' dedicated to showing the world how stupid these people actually are. Essentially, these guys are the same as Black Panthers, except white, far more stupid, and wield guns like wild people, not because of intimidation against the police who brutalized and murdered their people (as the black panthers did), but because they're just plain insane. In fact, the great irony is that the people who were largely against the Black Panthers are largely the same ones who make up this "tea party". Bill Maher explains their whole ridiculous stance quite well:

Ummm...I wouldn't doubt you would get those kinds of responses from biased liberal media types. I would expect them to do and say those things. In any political movement you are going to likely get some of them that are weirdos and don't know what they are talking about.  Just look at the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd. Someone from that crowd dropped their pants and shit on a police car. Many of them are just sleeping in privately owned parks and smoking dope. I would say most of those people are more extreme than most "Tea Party" people. There have already been at least 700 arrests from the "Occupy" crowd. How many arrests have you heard from "Tea Party" rallies? um...hardly any from what I have seen if any. And I'm not a tea party member if thats what you think I'm getting at, nor do I align myself with all of their views specifically, but I am trying to get you to see the one sidededness of your argument.

The following is what they released as a contract that they want to Government to sign and accept

1. Identify constitutionality of every new law
  2. Reject emissions trading
  3. Demand a balanced federal budget
  4. Simplify the tax system
  5. Audit federal government agencies for waste and constitutionality
  6. Limit annual growth in federal spending
  7. Repeal the healthcare legislation passed on March 23, 2010
  8. Pass an 'All-of-the-Above' Energy Policy
  9. Reduce Earmarks
  10. Reduce Taxes

So, from an unbiased standpoint and ruling out the small number of extreme people in the group what is so Ridiculous and terribly extreme about their stated desires? Do you think the "Occupy" group has a lot of people with extreme ideologies involved?

It's worth noting that the reason Democrats don't scare away their own base is because they won't go.

I mean, you guys are mentioning the Occupy Wallstreet movement who is pissed that Wallstreet got bailed out, right.

Largely anti-republican, blaming them group mostly, what with them allowing democrats to show up and booing away fox news.

Even though two thirds of Republicans voted AGAINST the Wallstreet bailouts at first and some were only converted to the Democrats side after the Stock Market dropped 700 points, Democrats kept saying "Wallstreet IS Mainstreet" and in general the news sites were hammering republicans for NOT bailout wallstreet because "Anyone with any sense should know it needs to happen or regular people will suffer."

Kasz216 said:
It's worth noting that the reason Democrats don't scare away their own base is because they won't go.

I mean, you guys are mentioning the Occupy Wallstreet movement who is pissed that Wallstreet got bailed out, right.

Largely anti-republican, blaming them group mostly, what with them allowing democrats to show up and booing away fox news.

Even though two thirds of Republicans voted AGAINST the Wallstreet bailouts at first and some were only converted to the Democrats side after the Stock Market dropped 700 points, Democrats kept saying "Wallstreet IS Mainstreet" and in general the news sites were hammering republicans for NOT bailout wallstreet because "Anyone with any sense should know it needs to happen or regular people will suffer."

This is something I don't understand some of the Democratic base gets treated poorly by their leaders and yet they stay. Somehow the media is able to get the people to believe that the majority of Republicans were for the bailouts, when it was mostly the Democratic leaders in government pushing for it, and of course Bush went right a long with it. Bush was seen as the leader of the Republicans a the time so just by what he did it made many Americans believe the Republicans were behind the bailouts and Democrats didn't have much to do with it.

Also one thing that really irritates me is how a African American Conservative Republican gets blasted by the left. Look at what happened to Clarence Thomas. Now look at Herman Cain. They are called all sorts of names like "Oreo", Sellout, traitor, ect. It amazes me what kind of talk is used on the left, and yet their supporters don't question the democratic party's leadership at all. Republicans and conservative types seem to get blamed all the time for "racism" when it appears much of that comes from some of the political liberals.