By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD: X360 #1 438k, PS3 374k, Wii 240k, 3DS 260k, DS 145k

Will the NDS pass 50 million?

Yes! 65 61.32%

No 10 9.43%

I'm on the fence 12 11.32%

See Results 18 16.98%

Total:105

I really doubt its month on month. That would be redundant since there's 20% more time in the reporting period. Although the numbers will likely be leaked eventually anyway so we'll see regardless.

:edit: LOL, I'm thinking backwards. 25% more time.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

There is no way PS3 can be down YoY with price cut right? Otherwise PS3 have failed pretty badly here.

postofficebuddy said:
I really doubt its month on month. That would be redundant since there's 20% more time in the reporting period. Although the numbers will likely be leaked eventually anyway so we'll see regardless.

I agree, PS3 had a lot more SW this Sep vs last year

kowenicki said:
sony "increasing brand awareness"

huh?

who doesnt know playstation?

Babies, duh. 

@ OP

Looks like VGC got 360 pretty close (definitely within tolerence), while Pachter was ~70K off.  May have to wait for Sony to clarify before we know how accurate VGC was.  Aren't companies supposed to be barred from releasing exact numbers?  I guess Sony is the only one playing by the rules, lol.

No chance that it is 20% year over year. They would of said that if it was as it would of been something worth bragging about. They would of said something like they had their 2nd best September on record etc because if it was up 20% it would of been. It would possibly also have been their best month this year. The fact they didn't mention any of those things in my opinion means month over month.

If true it would mean VGC were pretty close this month. Slightly under-tracking 360 and slightly over-tracking ps3. Good tracking.

Around the Network

I believe its 20% YoY for the PS3. Full month of price cut and a release of R3.

would be interesting to see if its mom or yoy

so no info from ninty yet?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

didn't major nelson and greenberg always tweet something like "and we got a 45% marketshare" as well? the didn't do that tihs time so maybe sony really sold like 370k

Edit:

here are greenbergs tweets of last months:

" remains best selling console in the US in August with 308K units sold, 43% share- 6th straight month of 40%+ market share"

reports despite slowing of market in July, Xbox360 was top selling console with 277K sold and 45% share of current-gen system sales.

Great June results for Xbox 360, 48% share with 507K units sold, best selling console 12 of the last 13 months."

and so on...

crissindahouse said:

didn't major nelson and greenberg always tweet something like "and we got a 45% marketshare" as well? the didn't do that tihs time so maybe sony really sold like 370k

Edit:

here are greenbergs tweets of last months:

" remains best selling console in the US in August with 308K units sold, 43% share- 6th straight month of 40%+ market share"

reports despite slowing of market in July, Xbox360 was top selling console with 277K sold and 45% share of current-gen system sales.

Great June results for Xbox 360, 48% share with 507K units sold, best selling console 12 of the last 13 months."

and so on...

Could be, but then again, could be 3DS numbers offsetting such a statement.

Anyway, we'll probably know by tomorrow all the actual numbers.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
sony "increasing brand awareness"

huh?

who doesnt know playstation?

Babies, duh. 

@ OP

Looks like VGC got 360 pretty close (definitely within tolerence), while Pachter was ~70K off.  May have to wait for Sony to clarify before we know how accurate VGC was.  Aren't companies supposed to be barred from releasing exact numbers?  I guess Sony is the only one playing by the rules, lol.

You ask a question then just assume the answer, no it isn't against the 'rules'