By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre Order Chart - 8th of October

morenoingrato said:
Mario Kart pre-orders are hyper low, I actually wonder if it can manage 1/3 of MKWii's FW week.

Mario Kart DS did 192k FW.  That's a better comparison.

Around the Network

Also big boost for both Halo and Uncharted 3.Last week they were outside the TOP 20, if I'm not wrong.

Boutros said:
sales2099 said:
I am amazed how BF3 360 continues to dominate the PS3 version despite the pro PS3 propaganda.

Elder scrolls 360 over MW3 ps3 made me lol

Uncharted 3 having more preorders then 2, but I see Halo anniversary will still have a bigger opening in November.

This post is messed up.

Not messed up, just a inconvenient truth for some to see

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Boutros said:
sales2099 said:
I am amazed how BF3 360 continues to dominate the PS3 version despite the pro PS3 propaganda.

Uncharted 3 having more preorders then 2, but I see Halo anniversary will still have a bigger opening in November.

This post is messed up.

It's not that. It's your choice of comparisons. Why compare Skyrim 360 with MW3 PS3 and Uncharted 3 with Halo...lol

Boutros said:
sales2099 said:
Boutros said:
sales2099 said:

This post is messed up.

It's not that. It's your choice of comparisons. Why compare Skyrim 360 with MW3 PS3 and Uncharted 3 with Halo...lol

why? numbers game offcourse. MW3 is the biggest game of the year so its just funny to see a WRPG have higher preorders.

Uncharted 3 is the premier ps3 exclusive title and I just find it funny that gamers care more about a remade Halo. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I understand people think UC3 is going to do decent numbers but that doesn't cut it for me. UC3 is the "biggest" PS3 exclusive coming out this holiday and if it can only do 500k first week(which is still great im not denying) that's only 100k more than UC2. God of War 3 had more pre orders at this time around 400k

My problem is for a game like UC3....it should be doing more. Killzone 3 did around 300k first week. Reisstence sort of flopped, LB2 did decent. Infamous 2 was decent...they are all decent debuts. PS3 exclusives need to do better that's all i'm saying.

---

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Boutros said:
sales2099 said:
Boutros said:
sales2099 said:

This post is messed up.

why? numbers game offcourse. MW3 is the biggest game of the year so its just funny to see a WRPG have higher preorders.

Uncharted 3 is the premier ps3 exclusive title and I just find it funny that gamers care more about a remade Halo. 

You clearly don't know how preorders work. Look at the first week sales for MW3(PS3) and Skyrim when they're released . MW3 will at least double Skyrim's FW in Americas.

ok.....but right here, right now......MW3 ps3 has less preorders then a wrpg. I lol'd. that is all. 

sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
Boutros said:
sales2099 said:
Boutros said:
sales2099 said:

This post is messed up.

You clearly don't know how preorders work. Look at the first week sales for MW3(PS3) and Skyrim when they're released . MW3 will at least double Skyrim's FW in Americas.

ok.....but right here, right now......MW3 ps3 has less preorders then a wrpg. I lol'd. that is all. 

Considering the X360's huge lead in Americas, and the fact that you're comparing a hardcore RPG with a casual shooter, and we're so many weeks before launch, it's natural to see the WRPG ahead of the shooter.

As for Battlefield 3. Again, there's no reason to think the PS3 version would outsell the 360. This is Americas and we're talking about a mainsteam shooter. Internet hype isn't gonna push ps3 sales that much.

I also got a feeling 360 gamers in america are more likely to pre-order because they are scared of shortages. That is the only explanation i can think off because 360 are more front loaded in america then PS3 games and 360 games get more preorders. Saying that though I dont really look at americas numbers that often and was surprised to see how much software the 360 sell there.

360 is to america as ps3 is to everywhere else. Imagine how much software the 360 would if the rest of the world gave it more love or how much the ps3 would ship if america gave it more love

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

"Activision have to seriously worry about BF3 because it does have huge Numbers."
No, they don't. Modern Warfare 3 pre-orders are higher than Black Ops.(the game with the biggest opening week ever). BF3 doesn't seem to be having any negative effect on MW3 pre-orders. Let's look at week 1 numbers and see if they're lower than Black Ops. If they are then it means BF3 had an impact.