By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can anyone tell me whats so great about the Wii?

The ps eye is doing well, I hear sony is going to release over 50 psn games for it this year. I dont understand you guys, do you even enjoy your console? And whats this about wii the only true nex gen console? I can say the same about the 360 since it has xbox live, I can say the same for the ps3 with the playstation eye which is even more realistic than using a controller to interact with the game, you use your hands to interact with games.

Sony is just being dumb with its ads, they need to adverise the playstation eye, that way we say potential wii sales go to the ps3 instead.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

This has been covered before. Non-pack-in peripherals never sell well enough to vindicate their use as exclusive control methods. No matter how well Eye of Judgement sells, it will not be able to have the impact of the Wii Remote, as it was not packed in with the PS3 from the start.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

TO BenKenobi:

I got my answers and now i am trying to simply figure out what type of devices got the wii to where it is now. You dumb fuck, get off the fucking thread and now one asked u to stay on it.

zackblue said:
The ps eye is doing well, I hear sony is going to release over 50 psn games for it this year. I dont understand you guys, do you even enjoy your console? And whats this about wii the only true nex gen console? I can say the same about the 360 since it has xbox live, I can say the same for the ps3 with the playstation eye which is even more realistic than using a controller to interact with the game, you use your hands to interact with games.

Sony is just being dumb with its ads, they need to adverise the playstation eye, that way we say potential wii sales go to the ps3 instead.

A) We were talking about the Eyetoy, not the Playstation Eye.

B) We were just telling Victor (because he asked) why the Wii's a great system and why it's selling well. But he insisted on telling us how great the Eyetoy is...constantly. Nothing could really be done to keep this from derailing...I'd be happy to lock this.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Victoresparza2003 said:
TO BenKenobi:

I got my answers and now i am trying to simply figure out what type of devices got the wii to where it is now. You dumb fuck, get off the fucking thread and now one asked u to stay on it.

K...well you can have a 3 day ban.  People are trying to be courteous to you but you just behave strangely.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Has anyone played Super Mario Galaxy, Game Trailers gave it their Game of the Year award.

What's so great about the Wii is something you can't understand unless you go buy one as soon as possible, with at least 10 games for it.
It's impossible to describe in words, so you can never understand what's so great about it even if we explain it to you.

Actually, if it matters, I really like the Eyetoy for a couple reasons. It's a get off the couch tool for a system I already own. The other reason is that I can use it to communicate with the family via video feed instead of a standard phone conversation or driving hours to get home.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Well that settles it =s

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Eyetoy's pretty fun, I've played a little of it. There's not enough games for it though, and that's why I like the versatility of the Wiimotes.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM