By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why do tv shows compete with each other at the cost of viewers?

Munkeh111 said:
oldschoolfool said:
the real question is why do that many people watch 2 and a half men. did'nt like the show when charlie sheen was on and don't like it now. Just don't get it,almost makes me sad for American television.

Because they like it... I find it quite amusing actually, and something to have on in the background whilst doing other things

so you find the same show/jokes over and over again amusing. lol

Around the Network

I don't know, either. I'm sure there are studies that show that guys watch TV on Monday night more than any other night, kids watch TV on Friday nights, women watch more TV during the day, etc. etc. If that's so (and I'm just guessing so don't quote me), you have to put your show that attracts the male audience up at that particular time, your kid show at a particular time, your chick show at a certain time, and your old people show at a certain time. Gotta get those marketing dollars!

oldschoolfool said:
Munkeh111 said:
oldschoolfool said:
the real question is why do that many people watch 2 and a half men. did'nt like the show when charlie sheen was on and don't like it now. Just don't get it,almost makes me sad for American television.

Because they like it... I find it quite amusing actually, and something to have on in the background whilst doing other things

so you find the same show/jokes over and over again amusing. lol

I am not properly laughing, but I am still amused, I have happily watched each episode of Friends many times over

I think Mondays are important because it's the beginning of the week, plus maybe networks know that people generally hate Mondays and just want to relax and spend time in the evenings watching TV. Also, it gives them a chance to advertise their lineups for the rest of the week.