By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

Both are heavilly overtracked, thats for sure, 360 way more.

Around the Network

Well NPD really knows who to rain over one's parade don't they.

I hope Nintendo release thos european charts, be interesting to see where those X360's really sold.

I'd really like them to break down their shipments like Nintendo do, insted of just 1 figure, alas that's too much to ask it seems.

360 numbers in Americas in my opinion are abysmal, didnt beat least year with all those giftcards and November was better... serious Xbox 720 is 2012 no doubt

They say over 66.1m *sold* I think shipped now.

We have 1.4m on shelves, with a supposed 1.2m unallocated for now.

Possibly 1.8m on shelves and 800k undertracked everywhere else, not just Europe.

And if their shipments come out and say 66.5 or something I'll be even more baffled, they really need to start breaking down the numbers.

Q1 shipments will finally tell the tale though, 3 whole months away ...

Around the Network
pezus said:
This thread just keeps on giving... for both sides

It's good in a way it's fluctuating, means more posts

Why do you care but besides the fact, alot of consoles had to be replaced because Xbox has a High failure rate "RROD" the Xbox also released a year before PS3 which means the PS3 has been out a year less so if you take both those factores it is a different story specially when PS3 sells more globally.

Jadedx said:
greenmedic88 said:
I don't know if I've been completely asleep at the wheel here for the past four years, but on the off chance that I haven't, VGC still tracks numbers sold.

Whether MS shipped over 15m units in 2011 really has no bearing on the VGC numbers.

Don't know how long it will take for all corrections for 2011 to be settled, but it's probably still too early for any more smug posts.

You have, and it does.

Vgchartz always updates their numbers when MS announces their shipment totals, every single year they do this.  After the yearly adjustments the shipment vs sell through difference is never 1.6 million. Hell, it could be as much as 2.5 because MS said they shipped over 50 million last year and it was 50.8 in their report.

Barring another round of massive corrections on VGC numbers, looks like not.

66m shipped. 

pezus said:
This thread just keeps on giving... for both sides

The only thing that makes sense right now is if Steve Balmer did one in his speech and went off to some dreamland as not a lot makes sense even if you take the 66m figure as shipped lol.

Truther said:

Why do you care but besides the fact, alot of consoles had to be replaced because Xbox has a High failure rate "RROD" the Xbox also released a year before PS3 which means the PS3 has been out a year less so if you take both those factores it is a different story specially when PS3 sells more globally.

Did you enter a coma in 2007 and just woke up? XD

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.