BHR and ethomaz said before

360s On shelves...

2006: 2.4 million
2007: 2.0 million
2008: 1.8 million
2009: 1.8 million
2010: 0.6 million

2011: 1.6 million?

Why are people saying that we are undertracking the 360?

If 66M is sold to consumer, then we are undertracking it big time

Around the Network

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216177p1.html

MS asked IGN to edit, and change to sold not shipped ...

Damnyouall said:
As I said in thread #1 and #2 about this subject:

Need I remind you that Sony announced in early December that they were slightly AHEAD of their 15 Million target for 2011?

Sony's fiscal year ends in March. 

Seece said:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216177p1.html

MS asked IGN to edit, and change to sold not shipped ...

Wow, according to Vgchartz sold figures that means the 360 has sold a bare minimum of 15.61M this year (Vgchartz has the 360 as 50.39 million sold from release to the end of 2010)....that's more than I predicted it would sell next year. So that means they must have shipped 16-17 million 360's

amaral_slb said:
amaral_slb said:
BHR and ethomaz said before

360s On shelves...

2006: 2.4 million
2007: 2.0 million
2008: 1.8 million
2009: 1.8 million
2010: 0.6 million

2011: 1.6 million?

Why are people saying that we are undertracking the 360?

If 66M is sold to consumer, then we are undertracking it big time

IGN asked for clarification and MS have responded that it has sold MORE than 66 Million to USERS.

Around the Network

Even when IGN post it as sold, that just seems unreal to me.

Mendicate Bias said:
ryuzaki57 said:

What are you celebrating exactly here?

You would rather believe Microsoft than an independent observer such as VGChartz or this thread, where PS3 is still on top? Microsoft is probably playing on the fact that there's a virtual tie to avoid presenting apologies : they didn't indicate, even roughly, by how many units they won.

PS3 is the winner.

Stop being stupid

All three companies know exactly how much they and their competitors sell. Nintendo is the only one that publicly shares its information though.

I mean do you honestly think that vgchartz has better data than the freaking company that sells its own product, are you really that asinine?

No I was trying to be sincere here : I'm not saying that VGchartz has better data but INDEPENDENT data, and thus has a lot more credibility than Microsoft to declare a winner. In a football match, who takes the decision? The referee or the opposing teams?

ryuzaki57 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
ryuzaki57 said:

What are you celebrating exactly here?

You would rather believe Microsoft than an independent observer such as VGChartz or this thread, where PS3 is still on top? Microsoft is probably playing on the fact that there's a virtual tie to avoid presenting apologies : they didn't indicate, even roughly, by how many units they won.

PS3 is the winner.

Stop being stupid

All three companies know exactly how much they and their competitors sell. Nintendo is the only one that publicly shares its information though.

I mean do you honestly think that vgchartz has better data than the freaking company that sells its own product, are you really that asinine?

No I was trying to be sincere here : I'm not saying that VGchartz has better data but INDEPENDENT data, and thus has a lot more credibility than Microsoft to declare a winner. In a football match, who takes the decision? The referee or the opposing teams?

You can't be serious. MS know what they're sending out, they're in contact with all retailers and know what's on shelves and what's been sold 0_o

Barozi said:

IGN also said that Uncharted 3 SOLD THROUGH 3.8m on day one.

Later they corrected themselves.

-Sixx- said:
Barozi said:

IGN also said that Uncharted 3 SOLD THROUGH 3.8m on day one.

Later they corrected themselves.

IGN already updated their story - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216177p1.html