By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you think it is normal having firearms?

No, because I'm British

Around the Network

I grew up doing skeet shooting and some hunting (most of our hunts were busts, but now we're duck hunting with some success). Recreational use of firearms isn't exactly common, since not everyone has a place to go shoot, but it's not entirely uncommon either.

Note that I'm talking about shotguns and some rifles. I don't know many people who own handguns and I have a general distaste for the idea of keeping a gun for self-defense. All of my family's guns are locked up when not in use.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
ismael said:
i think having firearms is more dangerous than no having then, if nobody have firearms, you don't have to protect yourself against them, of couse here there are people who have arms but at least, i know that most of people don't have guns, so i feel secure

ROFL. Oh wow... ismael, that's really really a great thought, but it's roughly the same as saying if we didn't have criminals, then we wouldn't need police. It just ISN'T going to happen. SOMEBODY WILL have guns. So you DO have to protect yourself against them.

I would feel most secure knowing that EVERY one of my fellow citizens had a gun, because then there would never be a point at which I was the only person capable of defending me from that occasional criminal who WILL have the gun whether he's supposed to have it or not.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Man, there are some extremely standard stereotype Americans here it seems... :s

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million

People with guns have small penisses.

Around the Network

Yup, cuz I luv watchin Nascar, and if I didn't get tu carree ma boomstick, thin ah would'n be able to shoot out the punk's tires that's beaten the car I'm rootin fer. You think we watch it fer th' drivin? It's the splosions!
Only thin better'n that is when we do midnight keg stand nascar shotgun joustin on july 4th durin the fireworks!

and then our kids find'emselves some faggots to beat up after they do a line of coke and squirt acid in their eye before having unprotected sex at the age of 14!

Everyone know's that's the american way for gunowners! 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

And some people feel easily addressed, it seems. Also, they use sarcasm when they feel intimidated?

2008 Predictions:

Wii: 44 Million
Xbox360: 25 Million
PS3: 22 Million

DS: 90 Million
PSP: 37 Million
Grey Acumen said:
ismael said:
i think having firearms is more dangerous than no having then, if nobody have firearms, you don't have to protect yourself against them, of couse here there are people who have arms but at least, i know that most of people don't have guns, so i feel secure

ROFL. Oh wow... ismael, that's really really a great thought, but it's roughly the same as saying if we didn't have criminals, then we wouldn't need police. It just ISN'T going to happen. SOMEBODY WILL have guns. So you DO have to protect yourself against them.

I would feel most secure knowing that EVERY one of my fellow citizens had a gun, because then there would never be a point at which I was the only person capable of defending me from that occasional criminal who WILL have the gun whether he's supposed to have it or not.

but i wonder, if a lot of people have guns, there are posibles "criminals" in each person that have them, has it somenthing to do with USA being one of the countries where there are more crimes.

Nobody is a killer until they kill someone, this it why i said "possible criminals".

I just don't want stupid or crazy people having guns anywhere near me

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Actually if you take away guns... you just raise the rate of stabbing victims. Which is a much more painful way to die.

An increase in gun ownership does infact seem to lower crime.

Anti-gun lobbyists will point to high gun ownership areas as having a lot of crime. (handgun anyway.) However the reason everyone has a gun is because of the crime. If you were to drastically lower the legal gun ownership crime would increase.

The thing with legal guns is that they are legal and distinct. You can match a gun to a bullet, so it's very likely if you actually shoot someone you'll be caught. The only real problem with crimes is when it comes to illegal guns... and if you have an illegal gun, where are you going to comit a crime? An area that you know has 1 guns per 30 people, or 4 guns per 10 people?