By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite Cartoon of the 80's and 90's?

Tagged games:

Pick! Please

Smurfs 0 0%

G.I Joe 2 4.00%

He-Man 4 8.00%

Scooby do 3 6.00%

David the Gnome 3 6.00%

Eureka's Castle 0 0%

Other 26 52.00%

Spiderman (Fox Kids) 5 10.00%

Tail Spin 2 4.00%

I did not have a childhood 5 10.00%

Total:50

My favorite cartoon is not listed in the poll.

My favorite cartoon was Street Sharks, honestly I preferred it to Batman and SpiderMan , X-Men and every other super hero series on TV. As a child I had a fascination with sharks as did my best friends, my mom was also very protective and didn't let me watch any cartoons with guns screening everything before I could watch it. As such Street Sharks was perfect no guns and the super hero action I was craving as a kid.

You probably will remember the series after looking at the pic below.

These action figures covered an entire shelf in every single major retailer. Street Sharks were huge in the 90's and I loved sitting down with my best friends and re-enacting episodes and simply playing with the action figures. I'm freaking at the fact that un-openned figures now sell to collectors for up to 80$ a piece. If I had realized how valuable they would become as a kid and the heritage and sentimental value they would hold I wouldn't have opened them. Its too bad my whole collection has a lot of wear and tear from years of enjoyment.

I still hope and dream that the show will be released on BluRay , DVD or digital distribution. A friend tried pirating the series for me but could only find some episodes. Even though I have long grown out of the series it played such a huge instrumental role in my childhood I would love to watch it again. Not to mention when I have kids show my kids what I grew up watching!

Street Sharks is hands down the best cartoon based intellectual property of the 90's in my opinion.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

This thread fails for having no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles option.

HappySqurriel said:

I was a teen when they came on but I enjoyed Gargoyles and X-Men:

When I was younger I enjoyed The Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Transformers, and GI Joe

You win

Joelcool7 said:

My favorite cartoon is not listed in the poll.

My favorite cartoon was Street Sharks, honestly I preferred it to Batman and SpiderMan , X-Men and every other super hero series on TV. As a child I had a fascination with sharks as did my best friends, my mom was also very protective and didn't let me watch any cartoons with guns screening everything before I could watch it. As such Street Sharks was perfect no guns and the super hero action I was craving as a kid.

You probably will remember the series after looking at the pic below.

These action figures covered an entire shelf in every single major retailer. Street Sharks were huge in the 90's and I loved sitting down with my best friends and re-enacting episodes and simply playing with the action figures. I'm freaking at the fact that un-openned figures now sell to collectors for up to 80$ a piece. If I had realized how valuable they would become as a kid and the heritage and sentimental value they would hold I wouldn't have opened them. Its too bad my whole collection has a lot of wear and tear from years of enjoyment.

I still hope and dream that the show will be released on BluRay , DVD or digital distribution. A friend tried pirating the series for me but could only find some episodes. Even though I have long grown out of the series it played such a huge instrumental role in my childhood I would love to watch it again. Not to mention when I have kids show my kids what I grew up watching!

Street Sharks is hands down the best cartoon based intellectual property of the 90's in my opinion.

A simple guideline about collectables is that if people believe they will be collectable they probably won’t be ...

From what I have seen, most collectables that are worth anything get their value because children played with these toys and "destroyed" them and adults never thought that there would ever have any value; and 20 years later adults look for these toys because they feel nostalgic and there are very few that still exist (and almost none in collectable condition).

I remember watching Muppet Babies, I think. I was also very big into TMNT, which was proven by all of the toys I owned of the series. I remember having that drill machine of Shredder's, the turtle's lair and a bunch of action figures.

Around the Network

Ed Edd and Eddy
Dexters Lab
Cow and Chicken
Johnny Bravo

More so late 90s shows but they were still pretty cool.

X-men and Digimon

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it was the most popular of its time and I like to raise some shell. Go ninjas, go ninjas it's pizza time.

David the motherfucking Gnooooooooome!

Les Mystérieuses Cités d'Or that show was so good, Rémi sans famille really great show with a sad story, Simpsons

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.