By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Steve Jobs has passed away :(

R.I.P.

Around the Network

Bless you naznatips... I never owned an Apple Computer, or an iPod, or an iPad, but in my school's computer lab we had iMacs at every desk. They inspired such creativity, because iMacs weren't like your average PC at the time. The software was different, the firmware was different, the hardware was different, even the casing was different. Now that I think about it, I had more fun on those iMacs than I ever did computing with anything else before or since. Now the brilliant mind behind those old creation engines is gone, and I feel as if I'm at a loss for thought, let alone words. Now I would be so happy to hear everyone else's Apple stories, maybe that would be a good way to cope with Mr. Jobs' death.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

allaboutthegames885 said:
bless you naznatips... I never owned an Apple Computer, or an iPod, or an iPad, but in my school's computer lab, we had iMacs at every desk. They inspired such creativity, because iMacs weren't like your average PC at the time. The software was different, the firmware was different, the hardware was different, even the casing was different. Now that I think about it, I had more fun on those iMacs than I ever did computing with anything else before or since. Now the brilliant mind behind those old creation engines is gone, and I feel as if I'm at a loss for thought, let alone words. Now I would be so happy to hear everyone else's Apple stories, maybe that would be a good way to cope with Mr. Jobs' death.

I guess I have to go back to my elementary school days,

- "Timmy died of dysentery"

I also learned how to type on the original Macintosh. They had our class line up and get on a big bus that had two rows of Macintosh computers. I also saw Descent being played on an Apple computer during those years. Probably why I was interested in trying out Descent: Freespace years later which lead to me being hooked on that and Freespace 2.

Bill Gates:
"I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our
sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched
through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues,
competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had,
the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely
great honor. I will miss Steve immensely."

He stepped down way too late in the game. 6 weeks after stepping down as CEO he was dead. A day before his death the IPhone 4S was announced. Jobs former CEO of Apple was a creative genius who revolutionised the information technology industry.

Around the Network

Not only did Steve accomplish so much during his time at Apple, but he also helped get Pixar where it is today. I have much respect for the man.

I hope his family and friends can find comfort and peace during this hard time.

He was both a bastard and a genius. One of the most important people in IT world. I'm not an Apple fan, although I can admit without any problem that Macs rock and each time I must use one, even after months or years, I feel at my ease in a matter of minutes, and I never was a Jobs fan, but I'll miss him anyway.

Will the Woz become again the most influential Apple person now? Or will he not even try to?

PS Great post, Naznatips.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

God Smeags: I had totally forgotten that he was Principal Shareholder at Pixar! I hope the guys at The Walt Disney Company and Pixar Animation Studios can say some kind words about him...

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

I'm not really a fan of Apple, but Steve Jobs was a genius. A very sad day.

R.I.P Steve Jobs. Not a fan of apple products, but still, an innovator dying is very sad.