By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Steve Jobs has passed away :(

It's sad to see such a brilliant mind die so young.

Around the Network

I wish he had more time for himself and his family after he left apple.

Whoever is locking these threads, stop. They have every right to exist, although not in gaming discussion. It's been moved to the appropriate section. 

On the topic:

Steve Jobs,

You were anti-competitive, anti-free market, anti-philanthropic, anti-environmentalist, and sometimes just kind of a dick, but you still changed technology forever. Hopefully you're remembered for what you were. A flawed but brilliant man, whose innovations and foresight have dragged society kicking and screaming into the information age.

Rest in peace.

naznatips said:

Whoever is locking these threads, stop. They have every right to exist, although not in gaming discussion. It's been moved to the appropriate section. 

I made one that I requested locked because it was a duplicate to this one.

That is, if you were referring to that one.

Around the Network

R.I.P. Mr. Jobs, One of the few geniuses of modern times.

Nintendo Network: xavi707

PSN: xavi0707

Remembered for infringing copyright more than any other person in history, and ironically he was american.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

naznatips said:
On the topic:

Steve Jobs,

You were anti-competitive, anti-free market, anti-philanthropic, anti-environmentalist, and sometimes just kind of a dick, but you still changed technology forever. Hopefully you're remembered for what you were. A flawed but brilliant man, whose innovations and foresight have dragged society kicking and screaming into the information age.

Rest in peace.

Very well said. I've always liked Apple products, but I I always choose less expensive and more open products. I've often disagreed with Steve Job's decisions and I've always disliked his cult like followers. Steve Wozniak is a hero to me, his creation of the first Apple computer is beyond genius and he and Jobs implementation of the Apple 2 changed home computing forever. The iPod created an industry in and of itself of which I wouldn't have such a nice MP3 player if not for his competition. The iPhone did the same thing to smart phones. For better or worse people feel the need to carry a tiny computer with them everywhere. Steve Jobs was a visionary and he will be missed. The industry will be lesser without him.

God rest his soul.

We have lost one of the foremost geniuses of technology. RIP Steve.

Rest in peace

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League