By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Spec 2.0 (free) 11th Oct, DLC to Follow and Price Drop

Tagged games:

Hooray!

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
sales2099 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
sales2099 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

I know this is my third post, but I'm so excited!

Seriously, after the physics, AI, UI, features (being able to adjust gears, interior view...), saving options, loading times, etc. have been improved, I almost feel like starting GT5 all over again, it'll be like a new game.

I hope all this is included in the discs they release from now so new buyers will get this from the start without having to download.

Now I hope the rumors about new cars and 25 new tracks are true and it'll be the first DLC I ever pay for.

I love the way PD are handling this. They could release a whole new game with all the new content, but we are getting it all with free updates and a DLC! That's customer care. I intend to support this business strategy.

I really dont mean to start a flame war with this comment but really??? The game took 5 years to make and this stuff should have been in the game from the start with all the time they spent.....and your praising them for this wait and overdue updates??? Their business strategy is about making games in the time period that someone can start and graduate college and still wont find the game out. 

Where as the "competition" cranks out 90+ games on metacritic almost 3x as fast. I dont get how the fans put up with it. 

I'm sorry but GT5 was an excellent game from the start and this just makes it twice as good.

You can say that Forza has more games but GT5 has more for less.

If you want to compare features with GT5 I can also say that Forza won't have weather/time changes, which is a feature that should be there...

That sentence would be true if GT wasnt an 84 on metacritic where as every Forza is 90+. Forza 4 is up and its 90+......reviewed a year after GT5 established the bar. Thats more games with more quality.

No weather effects/nightime racing? sure but lets not get into the unholy amounts of features Forza has over GT5

what features?

^ Livery editor... Autovista?

Oh, and i'm done playing Forza 4 demo... let me tell you something. The environments, visually, are much better than those in GT5... The lighting is not on par with GT5 IN-GAME, it's almost the same to forza 3, autovista mode is another thing, best lighting i've ever seen in there. Car models, in-game cars are not the same ones in autovista. The environment reflections on the car, and mirrors they don't refresh @60fps... the smoke is 10x times better, on GT5. There some anti-aliasing problems on FM4.

Graphically, i'm not impressed, GT5 exceeds FM4 in Cars and Lighting department. Detail and environments go to FM4.

Gameplay wise, i found FM4 to be like racing on ice... how the hell can i drift so easily? it looks to be pretty good gameplay wise, the damage seems to be on par with GT5 too.

Now on topic... i was really happy to see that they are adding all this stuff 1 year later. and i'm looking forward to buy the DLC day one! i really hope it still gets supported like this at the end of the next year.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

1. This was needed at launch. At this point it doesn't matter because Forza 4 has over 500 premium cars, no repeats, and no BS cars like a Honda Odyssey from the 80's.
2, 3, 6, 8, 10, 11, 15. This should have been patched a long time ago
4, 5, 9, 13, 14 - Minor Upgrades
7, and 12 - Not enough to encourage new buyers on their own.

I think the $40 price tag will help boost sales more. Maybe a console bundle would be smart, then GT5 can break 10 million, and I'll loose out bet. :P

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
1. This was needed at launch.

I think the $40 price tag will help boost sales more. Maybe a console bundle would be smart, then GT5 can break 10 million, and I'll loose out bet. :P

5,13 and 14 are pretty big upgrades, especially 5 and 14. The ai and clunky menus were two of the main complaints reviewers had for GT5.

Those things should have been patched as the game sold copies. I don't think the AI or clunky menus will be significantly upgraded. Most people probably will not even notice the change.

Also my biggest complaint about GT5, was #1.

13 is just 1 car, and another nissan. I think 120 Nissans and 20 Ferrari's is disproportionate enough.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
1. This was needed at launch.

5,13 and 14 are pretty big upgrades, especially 5 and 14. The ai and clunky menus were two of the main complaints reviewers had for GT5.

Those things should have been patched as the game sold copies. I don't think the AI or clunky menus will be significantly upgraded. Most people probably will not even notice the change.

Also my biggest complaint about GT5, was #1.

13 is just 1 car, and another nissan. I think 120 Nissans and 20 Ferrari's is disproportionate enough.

We could discuss forever how big or small each single improvement is without ever agreeing. But put them all together...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

REDZONE said:
Nsanity said:
Booh! said:
Nsanity said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
sales2099 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Seriously, after the physics, AI, UI, features (being able to adjust gears, interior view...), saving options, loading times, etc. have been improved, I almost feel like starting GT5 all over again, it'll be like a new game.

I hope all this is included in the discs they release from now so new buyers will get this from the start without having to download.

Now I hope the rumors about new cars and 25 new tracks are true and it'll be the first DLC I ever pay for.

I love the way PD are handling this. They could release a whole new game with all the new content, but we are getting it all with free updates and a DLC! That's customer care. I intend to support this business strategy.

I really dont mean to start a flame war with this comment but really??? The game took 5 years to make and this stuff should have been in the game from the start with all the time they spent.....and your praising them for this wait and overdue updates??? Their business strategy is about making games in the time period that someone can start and graduate college and still wont find the game out. 

Where as the "competition" cranks out 90+ games on metacritic almost 3x as fast. I dont get how the fans put up with it. 

I'm sorry but GT5 was an excellent game from the start and this just makes it twice as good.

If you want to compare features with GT5 I can also say that Forza won't have weather/time changes, which is a feature that should be there...

All the cars in Forza 4 are treated equally, no standard or premium nonesense and to be fair pixelated weathers effects in GT5 are hardly worth bragging on about.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9886/weatherwtf1.png

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1839/rainsnow1.png

Not really, some were modelled internally at Turn 10, while others were modelled by Dhruva interactive (an Indian company: http://www.dhruva.com/newsite/inside.html#%20Games%20Art%20Studio,Projects ).

As for weather effects and nigth racing, Turn 10 dropped them because they couldn't achieve a steady framerate with 16 cars. Obviously GT5 had them all from the start: 16 cars, steady framerate and night racing (and night time weather effects)...

You are aware that GT5 can drop well 60FPS with massive screen tearing at times?  and like i said earlier the weather effects are hardly worth braggin on about.

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/0/4/5/7/0/Dodgy_Alpha1.jpg.jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/0/4/5/7/0/Dodgy_Alpha2.jpg.jpg

Haha,i'll give you credit for finding bullshit pics of GT5,but did you ever played the game?If you did,then you will  know it has some of the best racing effects on console.If you didn't,then GTFO!

Those pictures came from DigitalFoundry.

There is also preformance video that proves that the frame rate can be well below 60FPS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gt5-performance-analysis-compilation?size=hd

LOL @Nsanity didn't answer the REDZONE's question .

pezus said:
Nsanity seems to be on a mission to bash GT5

Nooo, don't say that! He is on a mission to bash everything PS3, not just GT5.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Nsanity said:
REDZONE said:
Nsanity said:
Booh! said:
Nsanity said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
sales2099 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

All the cars in Forza 4 are treated equally, no standard or premium nonesense and to be fair pixelated weathers effects in GT5 are hardly worth bragging on about.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9886/weatherwtf1.png

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1839/rainsnow1.png

Not really, some were modelled internally at Turn 10, while others were modelled by Dhruva interactive (an Indian company: http://www.dhruva.com/newsite/inside.html#%20Games%20Art%20Studio,Projects ).

As for weather effects and nigth racing, Turn 10 dropped them because they couldn't achieve a steady framerate with 16 cars. Obviously GT5 had them all from the start: 16 cars, steady framerate and night racing (and night time weather effects)...

You are aware that GT5 can drop well 60FPS with massive screen tearing at times?  and like i said earlier the weather effects are hardly worth braggin on about.

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/0/4/5/7/0/Dodgy_Alpha1.jpg.jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/0/4/5/7/0/Dodgy_Alpha2.jpg.jpg

Haha,i'll give you credit for finding bullshit pics of GT5,but did you ever played the game?If you did,then you will  know it has some of the best racing effects on console.If you didn't,then GTFO!

Those pictures came from DigitalFoundry.

There is also preformance video that proves that the frame rate can be well below 60FPS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/gt5-performance-analysis-compilation?size=hd

Like 2 minutes on Google wouldn't make Forza look terrible either.  If you want to make games like GT or Forza look shit it's actually pretty easy.  And pretty much all games pushing graphics envelope feature some elements of tear or slowdown again if you look to find them.

That goes for PS3 and 360 titles equally so why not just give it a rest because what you're doing is meaningless.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...