By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre Order Charts - 1st October

Jay520 said:
Dark Souls is gonna be HUGE! 650k First Week Across PS360! (PS3: 500k, X360: 200k). 2million Lifetime looks doable.

Batman's looking great too! That Pre-Order deal really is helping greatly!

Good going Mass Effect 3! That game is gonna be massive come March!

Enthusiasm > Arithmetics. Video games will always be more fun than homework.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
I too want to know Dark Souls 360 numbers. I ended up getting (2) 360 owners at my job to preorder it last week.

Trunk says 79k, not bad I guess.

79k is awesome, more than I expected to be honest. Now it is looking to be ~300k or more FW in Americas right? With the JPN launch the game will hit ~500k or more in just 2 of the major territories.

I am glad that thus far it seems the 360 community is set to embrace such a magnificent albeit punishing title. I hope my friends at work end up loving it as much as I will.

It truly is a game where you get so pissed that you will toss your controller, only to find yourself then walking over, picking it up and playing again, lol.

I myself already preorder Dark Souls [X360], and it will be a blast, as I'm certain other X360 owners will love the game and help spread the word. Our Dark Souls community experience on the X360 begins tomorrow. I can't wait to invade other players games and curse their world with ruin. Prepare to die. Oh, how fun!

I think FPS has reached its peak on PS3. I can't see much else to explain that MW3 is tracking with Black Ops and could possibly even launch lower, while relative to MW3 BF3 is only doing slightly better on PS3 than 360. So BF3 isn't really eating inbto MW3 on PS3 any more than it is on 360. Will be interesting to see how things go over at EMEAA.

Please please let UC3 beat BF3. Unfortunately with only one week more of pre-order time I think it will take a miracle for that to happen. Or 90% of week 1 for BF3 is pre-ordered but only 70% of UC3 week 1 is pre-orrders. A man can hope.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Skyrim has amazing numbers and could en up at 900K preorders on X360 alone which could mean 1 million copies first week on the X360. Over 2 million ww on PS360

Allfreedom99 said:
These are some massive pre order numbers. Compare this year to last year.

2010 October 2nd the top 8 had 200k pre orders or more
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php?date=40454

2011 October 1st the top 15 have 200k pre orders or more
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php?date=40818

This must be a huge year for software purchases. This makes it seem like current console owners/gamers are more active this year.

MW3 X360 having very big gains. It's looking more and more that it has a good shot of having 2.5 million pre orders if pre orders keep rising at the rate they did for black ops. The shooting genre I would say seems at its highest ever.

Battlefield 3 X360 putting up some very impressive pre order numbers for EA. It obviously however is not doing much of anything to take purchases away from Activision's COD title. I think all their bad mouthing of Call of Duty has boosted sales for Call of Duty. Backfire.

Skyrim numbers are amazing. I am really looking forward to this!

Other big pre order boosts this week coming from Batman AC and Halo CEA. Looks like Halo CEA may possibly beat ODST in pre orders.

Im really glad to see Forza 4 at 163K pre orders but I was hoping for more at this point with only 2 weeks left until release. Here is how its doing in comparison with Forza 3.

Forza 3
Octber 17th 2010 with 2 weeks left until release: Added 18,364 for a total of 112,406.

Forza 4
October 1st 2011 with 2 weeks left until release: Added 12,768 for a total of 163,352. Pretty good numbers but I was hoping it would be more when thinking of how long the Forza brand name has been on the market.

Yes, there are more X360s in use now than in October 2009, but it still shows me that the Forza franchise does not seem to be growing much at all from when Forza 3 came out. Or could it be that Racing games just are not as popular anymore?

Racing games are less popular but the main reason is that Forza just isn't very popular anywhere. The masses only care about GT and NFS.

Forza will probably sell 500K units worldwide. And then bundled like mad, like happened with Forza 3. MS already have a Forza 4 bundle ready for launch and will probably keep selling for a long time.

Around the Network

Zelda's sales will rise next week

Will Skyward Sword break Brawls Sales record? In Ameirca i mean. In Japan it has no chane.in Europe i think SS will sell more, Brawl only did 250k first week in Europe.

Also Skyrim's pre orders are monstrous, it's on track to becoming the biggest selling single player only game ever.

---

Marks said:
So glad Skyrim and Uncharted 3 are doing well, despite being against BF3 and MW3. Forza 4 is a little disappointing though. I don't think it'll even be close to GT5 if its this low in its home country.

I wonder how many BF3 pre-orders were cancelled after how terrible the beta was lol.

34k's worth xD lol

chris212223 said:
Marks said:
So glad Skyrim and Uncharted 3 are doing well, despite being against BF3 and MW3. Forza 4 is a little disappointing though. I don't think it'll even be close to GT5 if its this low in its home country.

I wonder how many BF3 pre-orders were cancelled after how terrible the beta was lol.

34k's worth xD lol

LMAO! That's hilarious EA actually tweeted about their cancelled pre-orders. 

I just don't see how BF3 can have so many preorders after that horrible beta.