By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - will wii can have call ofduty4 graphics in the end of its lifetime or more?

Jeese, don't dare touch the 360/PS3's graphics, their fans are pretty touchy about that. I mean it would be one thing if they were like "doubtful, give these clearly stated reasons" but they just seem pissed that anyone would even ask if late generation wii games will look anywhere near as good as early generation 360/PS3 games.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Like 3 months into 2007 a IBM manager was reported to say that the anything that had been released on the Wii so far hadn't scratched the surface of what the system was capable of.
At the same time I have heard all of the Techno- garbo that amount to educated guesses/ or nothing.

I am going to have to say "NO!"

I think the Wii is capable of far more than we've seen but so far everyone has been focused on learning how to develop for the Controller, that graphics have suffered (even for the developers who care about their customers and aren't just making Shovel- Ware). The Wii is easy to make a game for but the controller is taking them a while to get used to. But as time passes more and more middle - ware is making Wii-controls easier.

After Mario Galaxy, I'm a lot less jaded about this topic. That was a beautiful game by any standard, and roughly a million times better than the shit they've been tossing to us until now. For the first time, I actually believed the claims that Wii was more powerful than the GC (or the PS2, for that matter).

But no. We're never going to see graphics on the Wii that compare to even the ugliest tripe on the 360/PS3. Well, maybe some of the earliest 360 games, played on an SDTV. Those might be matchable. These games will be the most lavish of Nintendo productions, though. As for whether any third party devs will ever bother to make something that doesn't look like it fell out of the PS2's ass, I remain skeptical.

Okay, so I'm still a little jaded.

Borkachev said:
 As for whether any third party devs will ever bother to make something that doesn't look like it fell out of the PS2's ass, I remain skeptical.

No matter how much PS3 and Xbox 360 fans badmouth the Wii, they will never damage it as much as Midway and Konami have with their recent cash in titles.  

well your wrong i own every nintendo system sony and microsoft system out. sega you name it. and secondly SMG is slightly better then sunshine and that game has been wored on for 3 years. the wii is running of ONE core whereas the 360 has 3 main cores and ps3 has 8 each core is 2 to 3 times stronger then wii one core. If you ever thing the wii will pull off call of duty 4 graphics (mind it its prolly the best ive seen on a console) then your crazy. it will not. and please the name of the thread is asking if it will pull it off and the answer is a big whooping HELL NO.

Around the Network
Summaro400ex said:
Dno said:
this is the stupidest post i have ever read. NO Wii CANNOT and WILL NOT look any better then the gamecube at MAX. what do u think nintendo is giving us crap because they havent "found" the power of the wii? NO WAY. its NOT HD and its a LITTLE stronger then the GC at MAX power.... how are you people even comparing have you ever played 360/ps3 vs the wii?

No one here is saying the Wii will have the same graphics as the PS3 or 360, but to say at max the Wii can do Gamecube level graphics is just ignorant. The Wii is about 2-3 times more powerful than the gamecube. Take a look at SMG and the incredible textures. The detail is incredible. Then look at SMS amd you'll see a complete lack of textures. Textures are what make games really look good and the Wii can accomplish MUCH better textures than the gamecube. But I wouldnt expect you to know any of this seeing as how I'm sure you never owned a Wii or Gamecube

well your wrong i own every nintendo system sony and microsoft system out. sega you name it. and secondly SMG is slightly better then sunshine and that game has been wored on for 3 years. the wii is running of ONE core whereas the 360 has 3 main cores and ps3 has 8 each core is 2 to 3 times stronger then wii one core. If you ever thing the wii will pull off call of duty 4 graphics (mind it its prolly the best ive seen on a console) then your crazy. it will not. and please the name of the thread is asking if it will pull it off and the answer is a big whooping HELL NO.

Come on now people...

There is no way that the Wii can output visuals such as those featured In Call of Duty 4. Not even with half the framerate. I don't feel I need to elaborate on this any further than by simply stating that in terms of dynamic memory alone the system won't be able to hold the game's textures.

The Wii is quite an interesting piece of hardware but if anyone believes that the leap from the GC/Xbox to the Wii will result into anything more than minor changes such as more polygons/effects on-screen, slightly more/better textures or a higher framerate, than he/sheis disillusional

No it will not be able to, we will be seeing things better than Halo 2 though because the Wii is a little more powerful than the original XBox.

PC Gamer

Of the people all saying No here... you obviously have not played COD 4 on under powered PC hardware! Graphics in COD 4 is much worse with terrible frame rate than some of the wii games when you throw low enough hardware at it...

Nope, won't happen.

Not only is COD4 a great looking game, but it's one of the best looking games for the PS3 and 360 as of this moment.