By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anybody else tired of the camera shake effect?

Anybody else tired of the camera shake effect,during action movies. I watched the new jason statham movie and I thought the fight between statham and clive owen was ruined bye this effect. Why can't it be like the old days were they just had simple fighting,were it wasn't trying to be all stylish. I thought the quick edits and camera shake effect was cool at first,but now it's getting really old and annoying. 

Around the Network

I think if it's done right it's a cool effect.

what annoys me is the "Homemade" camera trick, where the camera zooms in and out and in and out and shakes like a mofo as if the camera man is a 5 year old messing with camera features.
this has become in ALL tv shows recently.

I can be good, and also save them a bit of money probably, as we can't see anything...

But I think that it does do a good job of making you feel more involved and not just an observer

Hated it since Blair witch. Luckily games usually do it in cinematics so I dont mind. But gears 3 running shake is annoying as hell. Imagine a 92 inch screen shaking in front of your face...it just isn't pleasant.

Around the Network

I remember after the first Bourne movie (which had a pretty static camera style) they changed directors and the second two movies use this shaky camera effect, which was quite new at that moment, or at least not as overused (I remember noticing it). It worked well then. They also started the trend of the camera pointing at the person after he starts talking, like the cameraman isn't sure who's gonna talk next and just improvises.

But it's true that nowadays it's overused and they shake it way too much, it's like the cameraman has Parkinson's. They must be purposefully shaking it while recording, instead of just holding it on the shoulder and getting a natural shake.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

You're just an old school fool...

it's not bad..it's just over used these days. it's not suitable for all situations

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

If it's used effectively and not over board then it's fine.

disolitude said:
Hated it since Blair witch. Luckily games usually do it in cinematics so I dont mind. But gears 3 running shake is annoying as hell. Imagine a 92 inch screen shaking in front of your face...it just isn't pleasant.

Imagine having a 100" screen shaking in your face! Though actually the worst thing would be 3D I suppose...