By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Dark Souls Review!

Video will be in the 2nd post(damn this embeding!)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1197278p1.html

GN RATINGS FOR DARK SOULS (PS3)
RatingDescription
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The creature and environment design is incomparable, confidently spanning the extremes between disgusting, horrific, majestic and desolately beautiful.
9.0 Graphics
Occasional slow-down in busy areas is not enough to take the sheen off this world.
9.5 Sound
Dark Souls' sound design is astounding, from the beating of mighty wings to the atmospheric drip-drip-drip of a dank sewer.
9.0 Gameplay
Tight, exciting combat is a the core of brutally fair design that only occasionally crosses the line.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
There are at least 60 hours in the first playthrough, with plenty more in exploration and experimentation.
OVERALL
Amazing
(out of 10)

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

GOTY incoming

" this is one of the most thrilling, most fascinating and most completely absorbing experiences in gaming."

honestly now that i saw more gameplay footage and that god damn bad ass looking shield, as well as a god damn forest i want the game. but my balls are too small.

Great, GREAT! . Demon's Souls is my favorite PS3 games other than Yakuza

Around the Network

My boner is ready.

4 ≈ One

This is my GotY.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Great score!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

fantastic score..if it keeps getting such scores it should really help with the sales

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

My entire being is ready for this.... I will not rest until I've squeezed every drop out of Dark Souls!!!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"