By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think RAGE will be a sales flop?

Jay520 said:
richardhutnik said:
Jay520 said:
I think it'll be a moderate success. Definitely no Fallout, Borderlands, RDR, etc. From what I've read, the game lasts about 15 - 20 hours with no MP. I can see the game having a problem with gamers renting the game instead of buying it.

One thing I've noticed on HD consoles is that the most popular games have a combination of accessibility, quality, & length.

Why won't Rage do Borlderlands level sales?  Do you expect Borderlands 2 to outdo Rage?

Yeah, in today's world people are being more conservative with their purchases. They're more likely to shell out $60 for a game if they know it's going to last them a long time. Borderlands does this with long length, replay value and multiplayer. Rage may faill with this due to being short AND lacking MP. This could be hurt bad by rents.

Although if it's good enough, it could reach very high sales. Batman Arkham Asylum did it, but I don't think it'll be as good as Batman. We'll see.

Where do you get these crazy ideas? Rage has multiplayer.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:
richardhutnik said:
Jay520 said:
I think it'll be a moderate success. Definitely no Fallout, Borderlands, RDR, etc. From what I've read, the game lasts about 15 - 20 hours with no MP. I can see the game having a problem with gamers renting the game instead of buying it.

One thing I've noticed on HD consoles is that the most popular games have a combination of accessibility, quality, & length.

Why won't Rage do Borlderlands level sales?  Do you expect Borderlands 2 to outdo Rage?

Yeah, in today's world people are being more conservative with their purchases. They're more likely to shell out $60 for a game if they know it's going to last them a long time. Borderlands does this with long length, replay value and multiplayer. Rage may faill with this due to being short AND lacking MP. This could be hurt bad by rents.

Although if it's good enough, it could reach very high sales. Batman Arkham Asylum did it, but I don't think it'll be as good as Batman. We'll see.

Sorry, I should have said competitive MP with shooting. The competetive MP is racing only, right? With a few co-op missions, right? If so, then I don't think it's gonna fight off the gamers from renting it.

But still, like I said, if it's as good as Batman or maybe even ACII, then it should be fine. I just don't think it'll be that good. We'll see in time I suppose.

Jay520 said:
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:
richardhutnik said:
Jay520 said:

Sorry, I should have said competitive MP with shooting. The competetive MP is racing only, right? With a few co-op missions, right? If so, then I don't think it's gonna fight off the gamers from renting it.

But still, like I said, if it's as good as Batman or maybe even ACII, then it should be fine. I just don't think it'll be that good. We'll see in time I suppose.

True, it sux that it hasn't got classic FPS multiplayer.

Anyways, how many Metascore you predict?

Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:
Slimebeast said:
Jay520 said:
richardhutnik said:
Jay520 said:

True, it sux that it hasn't got classic FPS multiplayer.

Anyways, how many Metascore you predict?

hmm... That's a tough one. I'll say between a 87 and 90. I base this off of recent games like Gears of War 3 & Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

In Seece's Metacritic predicition thread, I predicted an 89. I'm gonna stick with that. I don't see it reaching a 90. I would be surprised if it did. In fact, I bet it won't reach a 90.

reviniente said:

Damn you RAGE doubters, you do not deserve to utter the name John Cormack! I curse you! Here, have at you!
Uhm... it's an article.

http://news.punchjump.com/2011/09/30/rage-ps3-xbox-360-pre-order-sales-flank-top-20/

And now, gaze in amezement and disbelief at the power of the ®.

So, has John Carmack got his shit together, or what? There's your juice!

That was amazing! Damn I can't wait until Tuesday!

Around the Network

all depends on the review and word of mouth. It's hard for me to say on this one.

Flop? No, I don't think so, but it won't sell oodles either imo. I think it will land at around 2 million total between PC and PS360, counting digital sales.

RAGE [X360] now ranks No. 1 in Amazon.com's Top 100 video games list. The PS3 version is at No. 7. Joy!

On PS3, yes I think it'll flop. On PC and 360 it will sell well enough. I think people should expect Borderlands level sales for Rage on 360 and PC. I think PS3 will be sub 500K, which isn't really a total flop, but compared to 360 sales, and FPS it will be.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Now, RAGE is No.1 in Amazon sales Chart: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames/video_games_display_on_website/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_video_games_display_on_website_more?pf_rd_p=1280315202&pf_rd_s=right-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0Q053FJTCVJ06EFA3G7A

ALso It's the first place in Steam topselling chart: http://store.steampowered.com/

How can this be a flop?

I predict Rage will have at least 1 million copies opening in FW