By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Crystalchild said:
Player1x3 said:

Does anyone have any tips on how to defeat that Hydra monster in Darkroot Forest?

go close enough (not too close, or youll fall into the deeper parts of that lake) to make him stop casting his annoying lightning bolts, nd instead throwing his heads towards you. block them (the chance of still erasing your entire stamina bar is petty high though) to lower the damage taken, and then try start hitting his heads as long as they are in range. rinse and repeat, if you managed to get 2-3 heads off, the battle is pretty much decided.

Is there any chance to avoid his heads instead of blocking? My DEF aint that high

Around the Network

Oh fuck me. I have to fight this discharge thing with absolutely no good equips since almost all of them are broken. And there's no town nearby...What the shit man!

Crystalchild said:
luvtospooge said:
Crystalchild said:
luvtospooge said:
Does it matter if I killed the dude guarding the spider lady thing after quelaag's boss in the hidden path? I attacked him by accident because he was blocking the path and I thought it was an enemy. Damn trap.

you can still join the covenant, however, you wont be able to purchase his pyromancy spells if you killed him for obvious reasons.

(Whats with all the people killing that poor guy xD.. was i the only one who spared him ^^?)

Oh that sucks. Am I missing out on his pyromancy spells?

sadly, yes. the two he sells, are gone for this playthrough.

Damn the developpers for making him look like an enemy!

What do I do now I've retrieved the lord vessel? Shall I speak to the snake dude in FIRELINK CHAMBER? Or shall I go to the tomb of giants to go through that light at the bottom? Also when do you head back to the UNDEAD ASYLUM and how do you offer gifts to snuggly the crow??

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

luvtospooge said:
Oh fuck me. I have to fight this discharge thing with absolutely no good equips since almost all of them are broken. And there's no town nearby...What the shit man!

There's an easy strategy to kill discharge. might be ruining the fight though.

WARNING

So, if you wanna get a freekill on him, hide in that passageway that is right after the stairs up (to your right). when he is in front of it, he will try to hit you, if you see that he'll attack, run (or roll) around the corner, that way, he should miss. run back into the passage, and hit his... arm? still laying in the passage. then stay there until he hits again, and evade by running around the corner. rinse and repeat.

WARNING END

@Player:  Never approached the hydra any different, so i cant tell if you can just roll away (Since there are 9 Heads attacking you at once, it might be hard - you'd have to try it out) but even without shitloads of Defense, you should be able to block most of the damage by guarding with a shield. and as i said, when the first heads are off, he'll eventually miss you, dealing no damage at all. the real challenge is reaching the heads stuck in the ground before he pulls them out again.-

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

This may be the worst playthrough ever. I forgot to buy the healing spell from Way of White covenant, then I killed the old looking monster/guy who sells pyromancy spells and then I joined Way of Chaos covenant and offered a humanity (I thought I would've gotten something good) but nope nothing. I am now fighting Ceaseless Discharge with a broken sword because there is no town whatsoever nearby. Trying to finish this game without looking at any walkthroughs or anything like that, but it's damn hard.

Yet this game still remains fun.

StokedUp said:
What do I do now I've retrieved the lord vessel? Shall I speak to the snake dude in FIRELINK CHAMBER? Or shall I go to the tomb of giants to go through that light at the bottom? Also when do you head back to the UNDEAD ASYLUM and how do you offer gifts to snuggly the crow??

if you received the lord vessel, you can talk to the snake in firelink, BUT you can also avoid the snake completely, and visit New Londo Ruins first. youll eventually find the 'Second Snake' after beating FOUR KINGS. (Difference: You'll be able to join Darkwraith)

@tombs: after receiving the vessel, the door in the Tombs will allow you to fight Nito. (If you want to, you eventually have to.)

@Asylum: As soon as you have the shortcut from undead burg to Firelink, you can revisit the asylum. Snuggly will sit on a legde near the Birds Nest, and you can trade items by just dropping (Discarding) them from your inventory into his Nest.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
luvtospooge said:

There's an easy strategy to kill discharge. might be ruining the fight though.

WARNING

So, if you wanna get a freekill on him, hide in that passageway that is right after the stairs up (to your right). when he is in front of it, he will try to hit you, if you see that he'll attack, run (or roll) around the corner, that way, he should miss. run back into the passage, and hit his... arm? still laying in the passage. then stay there until he hits again, and evade by running around the corner. rinse and repeat.

WARNING END

Ooh I was actually thinking of that, but didn't think it would work. Gotta try that.

Crystalchild said:
luvtospooge said:
Does it matter if I killed the dude guarding the spider lady thing after quelaag's boss in the hidden path? I attacked him by accident because he was blocking the path and I thought it was an enemy. Damn trap.

you can still join the covenant, however, you wont be able to purchase his pyromancy spells if you killed him for obvious reasons.

(Whats with all the people killing that poor guy xD.. was i the only one who spared him ^^?)

Wtf that idiot egg thing sell pyros??

Which ones? And how do you get him to sell them?

blkfish92 said:
Crystalchild said:
luvtospooge said:

Wtf that idiot egg thing sell pyros??

Which ones? And how do you get him to sell them?

he sells toxic Mist and Poison Mist.

in order to get them, you have to be in the respective covenant, and you need to have the egg status. Youll get that by attacking one of the egg carriers outside (use your fists, else you might kill them) this will get them to attack you. on of the attacks will be:  he'll grip  you, and attack your head with the worm coming out of his egg. (this will eventually plant the Seed into you.. ewww) .. let this happen 4-5 times if you want to be sure, afterwards, wait a bit, and your head will be replaced by an egg.

once having your Head replaced, the Covenant Vendor will tell you how shitty you look like (seriously). when he does, he also gives you an item to cure the egg, and in addition to that, he will sell you the spells i mentioned.