By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

i am mad right now.. so much that i uploaded my fail. But i really dunno what to do, i am sitting at those for 3 hours now.. xPP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7VS5W11XE

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
i am mad right now.. so much that i uploaded my fail. But i really dunno what to do, i am sitting at those for 3 hours now.. xPP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7VS5W11XE <- there..

How many souls did you lost on your previous bloodstain?

Those are Ornstein and Smough right? They look like a pain to beat. Can't you use the pillars to block the bigger enemy attacks and focus on the small one first? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:

Those are Ornstein and Smough right? They look like a pain to beat. Can't you use the pillars to block the bigger enemy attacks and focus on the small one first? 

doesnt matter if the bigger one stand behind a pole, if he hits it, all around this is hit. and to be honest, the fat one is still fast as fuck, its more likely that the short one has to catch up than the big one.

of course i could focuse the small one, but if i kill him first, i'll get the fattys soul. (And vice versa) whatever you kill second, will be the soul of that guy, and with that you can forge their weapon

@stain: None, i ignore everything on the way, letting me have 0 souls when i die there.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:

doesnt matter if the bigger one stand behind a pole, if he hits it, all around this is hit. and to be honest, the fat one is still fast as fuck, its more likely that the short one has to catch up than the big one.

of course i could focuse the small one, but if i kill him first, i'll get the fattys soul. (And vice versa) whatever you kill second, will be the soul of that guy, and with that you can forge their weapon

@stain: None, i ignore everything on the way, letting me have 0 souls when i die there.

I've read that once you kill one of them, the other gets infused by the remains of whomever you defeated and gains extra attacks and powers, so it's pretty much a no win situation by prioritazing one or the other. I think your best bet is to try and kill both as close as you can.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

im in the forest and theres alot of players here who joined the covenent and they wont let me get through lol. So i keep using my fire skill that turns me to metal and basically these forest covenant players have become my victims.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:

I've read that once you kill one of them, the other gets infused by the remains of whomever you defeated and gains extra attacks and powers, so it's pretty much a no win situation by prioritazing one or the other. I think your best bet is to try and kill both as close as you can.

whichever one you kill will be absorbed by the other and he'll go back to full health, so you really do have to just focus on one.

i am so mad. at my .. like.. 40th try, i summoned 2 other players. we killed the fat one in seconds. And then the shorter one just killed us all. i mean, he hit me with his spear, and pulled me up with it - instant death, and i had just a slight bit of life lost.

just fuck it, seriously, i am giving up on them for now. i mean, i get killed by silver knights.. after 4 hours of trying, my concentration is totally screwed.

Crystalchild said:
i am so mad. at my .. like.. 40th try, i summoned 2 other players. we killed the fat one in seconds. And then the shorter one just killed us all. i mean, he hit me with his spear, and pulled me up with it - instant death, and i had just a slight bit of life lost.

just fuck it, seriously, i am giving up on them for now. i mean, i get killed by silver knights.. after 4 hours of trying, my concentration is totally screwed.

I would suggest killing the skinny one first, the fat guy doesn't get that different after he powers up and he's easier to deal with.  I've been in the situation you mentioned a couple of times while helping people on that boss.

How do you guys know so much ?, all I can find is a half-completed wiki on the net :/
Is there some kind of guide or something ?

This game this game oh my fucking god this game. It's awesome but so goddamn infuriating. I haven't raged so hard at a game in a long time. Luckily I rented for a few days to see if I am willing to spend the time n it. I'm on the fence but we'll see.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian