By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

EncodedNybble said:
So, I've been reading a lot of comments saying X class sucks or I really like Y class and it got me thinking. At about what level/portion of the game do you guys think classes stop mattering? I'd probably say a little after the gargoyles/around level 30 or so. At that point any class should have access to most casting items (if they weren't casters before), a few base miracles/spells and access to a lot of different items and armor.

What are y'all opinions? I kinda wish the classes meant more in these games

i wish so too, i guess it stops to matter around 25 already, i mean, i started as a thief wielding the dragons sword while casting heal spells. =)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

someone invaded my world while I just got through fighting hordes of poisonous rats and those curse breathing amphibians with half of my health.......AND I STILL KICKED HIS ASS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

arcane_chaos said:
someone invaded my world while I just got through fighting hordes of poisonous rats and those curse breathing amphibians with half of my health.......AND I STILL KICKED HIS ASS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

nice. =)

People, i need your advice. killed the Sewersboss now.. and now i started thinking.. should i A.) Progress as the game would want me to, or should i  B.) go after the Covenant i want to have so badly? (Gravelord Servant).. second might be harder, and actually useless deaths are kinda stupid since i guess i could get it later when i HAVE to go to the catacombs anyway.. buuut.. i want to invade.. xD (And the Invadestones i had failed. all 4 of them.. )

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Oh, so, I've been meaning to ask, what are convenants and what do they give you? I don't see it explained too much anywhere on any wiki I've seen. Links? Info?

EncodedNybble said:
Oh, so, I've been meaning to ask, what are convenants and what do they give you? I don't see it explained too much anywhere on any wiki I've seen. Links? Info?

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Covenants

for example, the very first (the way of white or something like that) can be unlocked by spamming the dude near the elevator at firelink, eventually asking you to join em. gives you Miracles, which may ease your Life, since an additional method to heal yourself is never bad.

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
EncodedNybble said:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Covenants

for example, the very first (the way of white or something like that) can be unlocked by spamming the dude near the elevator at firelink, eventually asking you to join em. gives you Miracles, which may ease your Life, since an additional method to heal yourself is never bad.

Cool thanks.  I saw that guy and I saw a way to leave conventants but I didn't know how permanent the decisions were so I never joined one yet.  I'll read up, thanks.

I just blindly purchased this game (limited edition). I have no idea about the game whatsoever and have not played it yet. Should be interesting.

any find the secret of humanities out? like why certain ppl get more than others? I think ive only been alive once in this game? supposedly you can spam sewer rats for easy drops but ive seen none

damn, one more week till I can play it, my cousin will bring me a copy from France but he'll only return next week ;_;

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

NotStan said:
I so want this game, I have a 360, and I have a deep feeling that this game is going to drop in price like a rock. What I am not sure is whether I want to wait a few weeks and get a preowned copy or support the rare port like this in order to encourage the company to make more games for the 360.

..On the other hand chances are my purchase won't even make a difference.

Is it trully awesomely hard? >_>

Just go and get it immediately.

This is not a port, it's a genuine multiplatform game. And it is fantastic.