By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

So, still no word on the patch huh? I'm going to be buying Zelda soon, thinking of trading in Dark Souls if there is still no patch then.

Around the Network
ithis said:

ithis said:
I am trying to kill the executioner and the dragon hunter. And all is ok until:
- I need to drink a flask or use a heal and then I am not sure if the action will start now, when I have a couple of seconds or in a couple of seconds when I don't have them anymore - it happens regularly.

Which action are you speaking of? The drinking animation?

- it's like the attack delay, only on drinking or casting spells: press button now, do action later. Not cool.

-- Oh, yea that one sucks. I had some controller rage with that a couple times.

- I am circling at some distance so that I have them both in my limited view, and suddenly I lose targeting and my character turns it's back on the plunging dragon slayer or his lightning shot.

I guess you're going too far out of range and losing the lock-on. Stay within a certain range and it'll still be safe enough.

- Yes, but sometimes it disengages wierdly. OK, this is not a big problem, but it is an annoyance.

-- Well I guess in a fight like this the slightest thing can be annoying.

- I am close the the lone executioner (after the other one is killed), he jumps to perform hes lightning enhanced ass slam, I want to roll away backward and roll forward instead, even though I was moving backwards initially OR I lose targeting, the character turns and takes the blast in the back - dead.

From the time you realize he going to jump, disengage targeting and run backwards. Get used to the range of that attack, stay just outside of it and do a plunging attack as soon as it's safe.

- Well, since almost every time he did that attack I died (at first), I found that when I panick and rol in the right direction twice I am ok, once I am not. I don't know the early signs of the attack. But when the lightning rays appear, either I succede in doing what I intend to, or it's ending there.

I will try plunging attacks, good ideea.

-- It took me like 20 tries or something to beat this boss. In the end what helped ultimately was learning their moves, use a large shield and the Havel armor set. That helped immensely!

I need to go close since I use a shield and spear in this case, and all these things make the fight not fair, something this game was supposed to be. I don't like it right now.

I really hated this boss fight.

Oh, and use the pillars to your advantage.

ithis said:

From the time you realize he going to jump, disengage targeting and run backwards. Get used to the range of that attack, stay just outside of it and do a plunging attack as soon as it's safe.

- Well, since almost every time he did that attack I died (at first), I found that when I panick and rol in the right direction twice I am ok, once I am not. I don't know the early signs of the attack. But when the lightning rays appear, either I succede in doing what I intend to, or it's ending there.

I will try plunging attacks, good ideea.

-- It took me like 20 tries or something to beat this boss. In the end what helped ultimately was learning their moves, use a large shield and the Havel armor set. That helped immensely!

I need to go close since I use a shield and spear in this case, and all these things make the fight not fair, something this game was supposed to be. I don't like it right now.

I really hated this boss fight.

Oh, and use the pillars to your advantage.

I must be well over 20 tries ... well over.

I like to be mobile, so I avoid heavy armour. But I might give it a try. I can see the added benefit of the extra lightning protection....

Actually, the stone armour has more of that and it is slightly lighter.

ithis said:

I must be well over 20 tries ... well over.

I like to be mobile, so I avoid heavy armour. But I might give it a try. I can see the added benefit of the extra lightning protection....

Actually, the stone armour has more of that and it is slightly lighter.

I'm a light armor guy too, I just used Havel's set for this fight and the Four Kings. Just had to equip Havel's ring as well, and the ring that boosted lightning defense. If the stone armor has better lightning defense then u can substitute the lightning defense ring with the steel protection ring or something.

Where's the patch? >.>

Around the Network

"Rich Bantegui Filthierich Rich Bantegui @ @soundnstructure I don't have a date yet but we are currently working on the most recent version patch/update "

17 Nov

http://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich

This is getting kinda old.

The most annoying part is they're not telling us much. A few days ago he said that there's gonna be an announcement coming up for Dark Souls fans that'll be posted on their forums. No word on that yet.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:

"Rich Bantegui Filthierich Rich Bantegui @ @soundnstructure I don't have a date yet but we are currently working on the most recent version patch/update "

17 Nov

http://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich

This is getting kinda old.

The most annoying part is they're not telling us much. A few days ago he said that there's gonna be an announcement coming up for Dark Souls fans that'll be posted on their forums. No word on that yet.

I'd like to say I'm ignoring everything and playing other games til it comes out but here I find myself coming everyday looking for the update. It's sad really!

I watched a friend of mine plow through Quelaag using people on the online. They basically just eradicated her because one of the team mates was super over powered. That just pissed me off. What's the point in playing if you're just going to let others beat it for you? Might as well pop in the cheat code and press the "Win" button.

He tried pulling that shit on Ornstein with 3 others. Ornstein owned them all multiple times. I sat back cheering for Ornstein knowing I beat that shit on my own every time.

Why no PATCH?

Patch is up! Finally! Just went up about 3 hours ago.

Randomly decided to start up the game and was super surprised when I saw the update message pop up.

Two other friends jumped on right after I told them. I was able to summon both of them pretty quick!

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link