By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you let your girlfriend/wife sleep with other girls?

Would you let them sleep with other girls?

Yes (I don't care/That's HOT!!!) 63 39.87%

No (It's cheating/something else) 57 36.08%

See results 38 24.05%

Total:158

The gender of the person she wants to get with is irrelevant to me. I suspect my answer would be no, I am much much more of a jealous boyfriend than I would like to be.

@ Crystalchild - I think in this thread, there's no such thing as TMI

Around the Network

As long emotions aren't involved, I'd probably be okay with it.

Sure anytime, as long as the other girl is hot and I am able to watch from time to time...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

If I was married or in a long term relationship, I wouldn't do it with anyone else, and I wouldn't want my wife to do it with anyone else either

Er, how about asking a bi woman? I wouldn't do it! I might be bi but I'm loyal. That's not cheating if the guy says yes but that tells you how much he cares about relationships in general (just for sexual fun). I only do commited relationships, none of that fooling around crap (what's the point anyway?). Call me old fashionned, I don't care, I'm proud of my moral standards.

I'm glad to see some people said no.

Around the Network
Cirio said:
chocoloco said:

Forgive me for talking about basic theory of biology.  This fundamental principle of biology that comes to being almost as close to being a scientific law as you can be without actually being one, is not refuted by the scientific community.

I am talking about inate qualities in the way living organisms evolved to survive, not how the human cerebral cortex is able to create bonds based on the ability to think abstractly. The ability to have stronger emotions also works as a reproduction mechanism as it promotes survival for the malke, femal and there offspring.

People use birth control because these things are written into our subconcious and are not conciously processed.

Of course this is only theory, but an incredibly respected one. If you throw these ideas away you might as well throw away most biology and some psychology as being real science.

That's nice, unfortunately your "theory" has nothing to do with this discussion, nor does it add anything interesting nor does it answer my question. Your "theory" excludes sex performed by gays/lesbians, and it ignores a plethora of other factors that I won't get into. Besides, it is foolish to think in terms of a dated theory when most people nowadays don't have sex to make children. The question is simple: why let your woman have sex with another woman but not with a man? I doubt anyone here besides you thought "babies", rather they all thought in terms of the social diaspra where it is fine for woman to have sex with another woman but not for woman to have sex with another man.

Your ignorance of the subject does not make it not interesting, it is very relivant once you started trying to call double standards. There are reasons there are double standards and they have their roots in behavior that has been passed down through billions of years of evolution.

You might want to read my first reply that gives no hint I was mostly concerned with reproduction. You were the one once again turning this into a serious discussion by trying to bring up the double standard arguements.

I've told my fiance several times that I have no problem at all if she fools around with other girls. OH, if only she took my words more seriously...

No problem, as long as it's just fun. As far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with other men too as long as it stays at 'fun' level and I have no reason to suspect otherwise.

I'd say yes because I would allow my girlfriend to have freedom but then because she is obviously bisexual she'd probably like to do other men too so I'd have to allow that as well. This said, it's not like I wouldn't be jealous or uncomfortable but the choice is not mine. As long as she is understanding on my feelings on the issue and able to make up for it.

What seems to be missing from most people arguements is a form of loyalty they think doesn't exist because these girls are having sex. If you found out your girlfriend wanted to sleep with other men, you'd say no. Why? If they are truely bisexual then a threat to your relationship, no matter the gender, is still a threat. What if they were doing this behind your back?

Hmm, pie.

Only if I could join in. Otherwise no way. So I can't vote one way or the other because the option I want to pick isn't there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix