By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rate this Gen's Market Leader: Wii

6/10

+ Virtual console
+ Mario Galaxy

- EE

Around the Network

The worst market leader ever. Unimpressive library, uninspired use of unique controls. Don't know what else to say.

I'm not going to give it a numerical score, I'm going to say it comes 3rd in the list of market leading consoles I've owned (which would be the last five including the Wii, so nothing pre-NES, but nobody really cares about that period anyway). The top 3 never gave me any problems, and in the Wii's case hopefully never will, whereas the bottom 2 died on me at least once each, so whilst the bottom 2 would be placed higher on games library, that doesn't mean much when you've nothing to play those awesome games on.

VGChartz

If nothing else, the fanboy meltdowns have made this generation one to remember.

Wii: Trolling retarded manchildren since 2006.

spurgeonryan said:
cAPSLOCK said:
If nothing else, the fanboy meltdowns have made this generation one to remember.

ROAOROAROAOROAROAR AHAHAHHAAHHAH what did you Say!!!! PLeyeaoplatupusawkwardian ruso.

I give it a 7.5. And it was the only system I have owned this gen other than my step son having others. I thought it was good, Nintendo needed some quality control I think though. Who could figure out what to buy if you were not an avid video game fan? There was just too much stuff. It hurt sales I think, and hurt good games from selling!

That's my main gripe, too. Not enough Muramasas and too many BABYZ and HORSEZ.  

Around the Network

ok then flame shield up

i give it a 6

pros :

most popular console this gen

popularised motion controls

showed that motion controls could improve certain types of games like sports games

cheaper than its competitors

cons :

poor games library in comparison to its competitors

poor online service

much weaker hardware than its competitors

4/10

cAPSLOCK said:

This. And agree with MrT-Tar comment.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Negatives:

• WiiWare game limit
  • Limited internal storage
  • Limited 3rd party support
  • Dry seasons

Positives:

• Best 1st party games ever incl. Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy, Xenoblade, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Mario Galaxy
  • Full BC
  • Great controllers
  • Lots of cool and interesting niché games

If nothing else, it at least brings all the fanboys together to bash it. I rate it a 10/10 for identifying the basement dwelling fanboys on internet forums, a 8/10 for its game library and a 7/10 for the system itself.