By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Where In The World Is Gran Turismo?

Porcupine_I said:
Maybe GT5 is on a epic quest to find the Forza 4 preorders?

Full of win! 

Maybe the only thing forza is growing on is the ammount of bundles every release?

Around the Network

I love Gran Turismo but there's a ton of changes I'd like to see for Gran Turismo 6. A while back I thought about making a thread for Gran Turismo 6 ideas. Here's what I'm thinking:

- Overhauled B-spec mode where your driver isn't a frickin retard. I'd like to see more command options for how to guide your driver, and I want the AI to be better as well. And the commands should actually work. Like when I say "Overtake" I want you to use whatever means necessary to get ahead of the car, whether it be taking the inside lane, late braking, whatever! I've lost B-spec races where the car my driver is using has 3x more horsepower than the competition because he doesn't have a damn clue how to overtake people. And as soon as I say overtake or pace up his attitude goes to red and he spins out every corner. Its a fucking joke.

- An actual track creator, not a track randomizer. I thought when I heard GT5 would have a track creator that it would be a legit creator like a toned down version of ModNation racers...but no its a fucking randomizer, you have no control over the shape of the track or anything. I want to be able to make massive tracks with big straightaways, ridiculous corners, hills/jumps, etc. and be able to share those with my friends. If I want a track that's just a 10 mile straightaway so I can max out a Bugatti Veyron why shouldn't I be able to? Yeah its unrealistic but its fun and that's what games are about.

- Overhauled dealership for buying/selling cars. I want EVERY single car that's in GT6 to be available for sale from the start of the game. Can I make that more clear? I don't get why there's maybe a couple hundred cars that are for sale in the dealership but the other 800 or however many are in the game you have to hope/pray randomly pop up in the used car dealership! Please Polyphony make every car available for sale. And if you ignore what I just said, at LEAST make cars vital to the game's progression available such as the Polyphony Formula 1 car in GT5. How am I supposed to beat the Formula 1 race if I can't fucking buy the car for it?

- The second part of my above point is that I want the selling of cars to be overhauled. In GT5 99% of the cars you try to sell say "Cannot be sold, remove from garage?"...well that's bullshit. You should be able to sell any car you want for money. And they need to fix the value system for selling cars. If I buy a $100,000 car and race it once then don't need it anymore, I should be able to sell it for an amount close to the original purchase like say $80,000. But if I used it for a long time and put 50,000 kilos on it then maybe it drops to just half its original value ($50,000) and so on. Right now as it stands I could buy a car for $100,000 and then never use it and decide I don't want it but its value has dropped to $18,000. WTF?

- All cars on the same level, none of this premium/standard shit.

- Whatever happened to the drag strip & test course for testing your car's acceleration/top speed like every GT game up until GT5? Bring that back in GT6 please. The 400m and 1000m drag were vital in helping my tuning skills in GT3/GT4, because I could play with all the tuning options and find out what gives my car the best acceleration.

- More tuning options. Forza has some cool shit like putting engines from other cars (from the same manufacturer) into a different car. Like for example I could put a Corvette ZR1 engine in my Cobalt SS or something like that. Also you can convert cars to RWD and shit like that.

- More customizing options. Decals, spoilers, body kits, rims, paint colours, etc need to be in GT6 on all cars. Yeah there were some options for premium cars only, but how about being able to customize all cars in GT6.

- Less copies of cars (30 Miatas, 40 Skylines) and more unique cars. I understand there are vastly different Skylines. The R32, R33 and R34 are all very different, but do we really need all the slight variations within these models like the V Spec, V Spec II, GTR, etc? Just pick the highest performance model from each and go with that. Plus please less Japanese cars and a few more cars from other places. America especially was underrepresented in GT5.

- Way more cars, both regular city cars as well as more performance cars. But like I said above I want more unique cars, not more copies. I love driving regular city cars and being able to tune them up to compete with more performance based cars.

That's all I can think of now. I had even more ideas back when I was originally thinking of making a thread about GT6.

On current sales I'd say they're simply not concerned. I like Forza and will be getting number 4, but it's pretty clear that although its fanbase is growing if you took out bundles it would still be selling a fair way below GT.

TBH Forza is to GT what Killzone is to Halo, a relatively popular franchise but one that remains behind the market leader.

I do agree with their comments on GT5 though in terms of making more of Top Gear, cars supported, etc. Hopefully the growth of interest in Forza will see the GT team consider their balance of options more carefully.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
On current sales I'd say they're simply not concerned. I like Forza and will be getting number 4, but it's pretty clear that although its fanbase is growing if you took out bundles it would still be selling a fair way below GT.

TBH Forza is to GT what Killzone is to Halo, a relatively popular franchise but one that remains behind the market leader.

I do agree with their comments on GT5 though in terms of making more of Top Gear, cars supported, etc. Hopefully the growth of interest in Forza will see the GT team consider their balance of options more carefully.

Damn you and your reasonable posts!

OT: I definitely agree about the Top Gear implementation. Where the hell is the Stig!? It would've been amazing to try and beat his times with the same cars he used on the show. I also agree with the article about duplicate cars. How many NSX's do you need? And you can have 6 different Prious cars and no Pontiacs from the last 30 years?

When I first heard there would be over 1000 cars, I immediately imagined being able to drive a virtual version of my 2008 Impala SS to see how much torque I could send to the front wheels through a turn before the car careened off the asphalt. Instead they give us a Sambabus, 52 Mazda Miatas, 49 Skyline/Infiniti's, and about a dozen identical NASCARS.

I still love the game though....

I am the Playstation Avenger.

thelastsoldier said:

agreed

Around the Network

oh ps3 fan-forum is raging here haha^^

guys gt5 will get a lot more sales than forza 4 but that says nothing. just look at how much advertisment there is for gran turismo. they don't just advert gt before the release, they have gt adverts since more than a decade now every month (years before and after a gt release) in a lot of racing series around the world on a lot of cars or wherever. for example 24h nürburgring, there are cars with gt adverts every year. it's like coca cola or so...

it would be a huge fail if they wouldn't sell more. they put hundreds of millions in advertisements for the gt series.

but otherwise you will all say uncharted is so much better than gow3 (i think uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever) and blabla but you know what? gow sells more. and i bet they put more in gow adverstisement as well than in uncharted advertisement.

i don't have gt but if they don't have dlc's with new car models (which i don't know) than it's stupid. i hate it if i have to wait few years to play a new car model in game. i would drive it when it's new and not when the car is a few years old. i always hate it if there aren't the newset models in a game like forza or gt and dlc's are perfect for this.

crissindahouse said:
oh ps3 fan-forum is raging here haha^^

guys gt5 will get a lot more sales than forza 4 but that says nothing. just look at how much advertisment there is for gran turismo. they don't just advert gt before the release, they have gt adverts since more than a decade now every month (years before and after a gt release) in a lot of racing series around the world on a lot of cars or wherever. for example 24h nürburgring, there are cars with gt adverts every year. it's like coca cola or so...

it would be a huge fail if they wouldn't sell more. they put hundreds of millions in advertisements for the gt series.

but otherwise you will all say uncharted is so much better than gow3 (i think uncharted 2 is one of the best games ever) and blabla but you know what? gow sells more. and i bet they put more in gow adverstisement as well than in uncharted advertisement.

i don't have gt but if they don't have dlc's with new car models (which i don't know) than it's stupid. i hate it if i have to wait few years to play a new car model in game. i would drive it when it's new and not when the car is a few years old. i always hate it if there aren't the newset models in a game like forza or gt and dlc's are perfect for this.

Where in the world did that come from.  I don't know about previous GT's, but 5 got nowhere near the advertising that you suggest.  Sure, it probably gets more than other PS exclusives, but nowhere near a game like Halo, where you see commercials for it in almost every break.

adriane23 said:
Reasonable said:

Damn you and your reasonable posts!

OT: I definitely agree about the Top Gear implementation. Where the hell is the Stig!? It would've been amazing to try and beat his times with the same cars he used on the show. I also agree with the article about duplicate cars. How many NSX's do you need? And you can have 6 different Prious cars and no Pontiacs from the last 30 years?

When I first heard there would be over 1000 cars, I immediately imagined being able to drive a virtual version of my 2008 Impala SS to see how much torque I could send to the front wheels through a turn before the car careened off the asphalt. Instead they give us a Sambabus, 52 Mazda Miatas, 49 Skyline/Infiniti's, and about a dozen identical NASCARS.

I still love the game though....

I couldn't believe it when my first Top Gear race was basically in a van!  And no Stig.  I wanted time trials and a chance to race the Stig - or at least his times as you say.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

kowenicki said:
EGG_OF_D00m said:
forza is like resistance no offence intendid! but when you make a game to compete with another game the original always ends up being better eg why grand turismo sells so much more

hmmm

Well forza and Resistance are different in one very important aspect.... 

Forza is a successful and growing franchise on the back of its efforts to compete with a genre leader, whereas  Resistance...

No offence intended.

i wouldn't go that far resistance 3 got great reviews alot of site's gave it the same score as gears of war and a few site's marked it down because it changed form being unique to being a cod/halo scifi clone and lost it's image! and alot of fanboys boycotted insomniac and promised they would not buy another game from them again which took a bit of the sale's since resistance caters to the hardcore crowd and alot of them ditched the game because insomniac went multiplatform..

and forza isn't really growing it's a great franchise that's a critical and commercial sucess no doubt but it will never outsell or reach the the credibility of grand turismo.. because grand turismo is proclaimed as the ultimate racing sim while forza is more of an arcade racer [i have forza 3]

plus the name grand turismo is at the same value as halo.. name sells more then the content of a game.. eg you could grab a game of haze change the back and call it call of duty and people will buy it, there's a reason why playstation never went under after the disaster launch they had.. because the name Playstation is the most well known gaming name around.

I love GT5, and I totally disagree with the IGN article, there has been lots of FREE support for GT5, not just improvements but new tracks, cars, events and competition. There are however a couple of things I do agree with in the article. Why are there 200 different types of MX-5 and 100 types of Skyline? and the Top Gear test track events and vehicles are pretty dumb.
As for B-Spec, what's with the name and why did they even bother, I mean, who really needs or wants to spend 500 hours telling a dumb AI driver to go faster and overtake only to get stuck on a wall every second lap (Cote D'Azur), or leave their PS3 on for 24 hours straight while he automatically wins an endurance.

WinAPE - The Windows Amstrad Plus Emulator

JEMU  - The Java Emulation Platform