By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - The Official Thread!

Mummelmann said:
Why is everyone leveling so slowly?

There are some hilarious glitches and bugs appearing now, the best one yet was when a dragon skeleton in the middle of the street in Riverwood bounced up as I entered through quick travel, killing a city guard. Another guard sprinted up to me; "Do you know anything about this?! I have my eye on you!"

I'm well over 30 hours into it now (level 32) and I've uncovered quite a few annoying things that wasn't really an issue in previous games but all in all its enjoyable and fun.

Well, I spend over an hour recently killing a rediculously hard sorcerer at level 7 or 8, him shooting firebals at me and summoning ice monsters. Me taking about 4% of his health, when not shielded, with a dual cast lightning or frost spike spell. He would take 40% of my health just by hitting the ground with a fireball anywhere near me. Instead of leaving it until later I had to try. I finally managed to wear him down by circling a rock, keeping him on the otherside and taking a shot now and then when I had enough magicka again.

Kinda pointless in the end, seems the loot is tied to your level. He had a named item, but the stats were the same as the loot from a simple bandit :/

Giants are fun to hunt too, they're afraid of water, slow down on rocky ledges, easy pickings. Although maybe I should use my bow more, waiting for magicka to regenerate is slowing me down.

Around the Network

Finally got the game and boy am I instantly hooked. Playing as a battlemage High Elf. The game improved so much from old game. Stealing is now fun again. Third person view is better even though I wont use it. The menu system is faster. I am liking how I have come across small puzzles. The combat is greatly improved and the eliminated many things that slowed down the action in the first game. It is great and i am glad it didn't disappoint.

Cool to be playing it with a couple of friends on the PS3 as we can easily share our different experiences.

Last night on my way back to Whiterun I encountered two vampires. On Master difficulty it was absolutely impossible to beat them with my current equipment so after about ten tries I ran to Whiterun. I got happy when I realized I have true challenges in front of me. Maybe even have to lower the difficulty.

Slimebeast said:
Last night on my way back to Whiterun I encountered two vampires. On Master difficulty it was absolutely impossible to beat them with my current equipment so after about ten tries I ran to Whiterun. I got happy when I realized I have true challenges in front of me. Maybe even have to lower the difficulty.

Did you start at master difficulty and is there a trophy/acheivement for beating it on that mode?

*Spoiler* Completely done with the Mages Guild questing. I'm a level 16 Battlemage, Destruction Magic is at 61 and Conjuration at 52. Defeated Morokei earlier today (One of the 8 Dragon Priests). He literally 1 hits you with his lightning if you get hit, anything you summon gets turned against you as well. Took me a crazy long time to defeat him, was worth it for his mask alone though (+100% Magica Regeneration). Then I went to the Mages College and finished the quest. I'm now the Archmage at the College. Archmages Cloak is amazing, +100% Magica Regeneration, +50 Magica, All Spells Cost 15% less.

Right now I'm about to enter the Battle For Windhelm (I'm an Imperial), will have to do that later though, as I need sleep, I've lost too much sleep playing this game already :P

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Slimebeast said:

Did you start at master difficulty and is there a trophy/acheivement for beating it on that mode?

I started on Expert then changed to Master after the introduction. I don't think there's no Trophy for Master as you can change difficulty anytime you want.

Necromunda said:
*Spoiler* Completely done with the Mages Guild questing. I'm a level 16 Battlemage, Destruction Magic is at 61 and Conjuration at 52. Defeated Morokei earlier today (One of the 8 Dragon Priests). He literally 1 hits you with his lightning if you get hit, anything you summon gets turned against you as well. Took me a crazy long time to defeat him, was worth it for his mask alone though (+100% Magica Regeneration). Then I went to the Mages College and finished the quest. I'm now the Archmage at the College. Archmages Cloak is amazing, +100% Magica Regeneration, +50 Magica, All Spells Cost 15% less.

Right now I'm about to enter the Battle For Windhelm (I'm an Imperial), will have to do that later though, as I need sleep, I've lost too much sleep playing this game already :P

Those are some really good items!! I'm having trouble finding worthwhile gear, not that I'm doing poorly with what I have though...

It seems you can't equip itmes giving a good boost to stamina and carrying capacity (theives guild armor) simultaneously, that's kind of dumb since I'm wearing three apparel items that boost my archery (bracers, ring and dwarven helmet) that makes my bow ridiculously powerful, I'm near the point where I can one-shot Giants in sneak mode! :-O And I'm only level 35-36 and haven't fully upgraded my Archery skill yet (its at about 75 now)!

I'd like to find a merchant who sells decent gear, anyone know of any? I have about 100.000 gold and nothing to spend it on, god know I don't need ammo!

StokedUp said:
wheres the Thieves guild?

If you go to the town of Riften, the Thieves Guild is hiding out in the Ratway sewage system beneath it. Hope I didn't spoil anything.

When do you start fun better armour and weapons?
I'm currently level 9, just visited the greybeards after I found out that I'm a dragonborn, I've also done the goldenclaw quest for someone in riverwood.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

So, I've run into an issue. I'm currently (trying) playing the "Diplomatic Immunity" mission for Delphine but I can't get past the point where I change into the attire she gives me and is about to send me off.
Reason? The game crashes every single time I say "I'm ready to go" and I'm supposed to transition into the carriage and the Thalmor house.

Please, this is frustrating as hell and since the game is so new and has little to no tech support searches and FAQ's yet, I can't find anything online for it either!
The game has been unstable overall the last two days or so and its starting to annoy me.