By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Mayweather vs Ortiz Controversial Knockout

Watched the whole fight live, Ortiz was head butting left right and center the whole match, money may kept it clean until the TKO. I don't view it as a cheap shot, i see it as Mayweather getting his fair time to do Ortiz dirty for that 1, 2, headbutt combo Ortiz pulled and have been pulling the whole fight.
BTW the ref started the fight and all 3 officials/ref's (1 in ring, 2 outside ring) counted it as "time in" and a legal KO. Ortiz had all ready apologized and dabbed up to Mayweather for the headbutt, and notice how cool Mayweather was afterwords, so the second apology after the fight restarted was not necessary and Mayweather punished Ortiz for that 2nd attempt to hug and kiss .
I would have kicked Ortiz in the nuts if he had headbutted me like that, that headbutt was the cheap-shot of the century and dirty as hell, Ortiz have more to be ashamed of than Mayweather.

Viewers fail to notice that Mayweather was not going to give Ortize a second hug, when the ref started the fight Mayweather had his hands up and ready to strick, but from the camera pov it appears as if Mayweather had hug Ortiz the second time he did not, he was in his boxing stance, Ortiz or his cornor should have noticed this and defended instead he went in for a hug,  totally bonkers of Ortiz if you ask me.

Around the Network

I despise Floyd, he truly is a pile of shit.

@Loy310

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can see past my disdain for Mayweather and see the truth. Mayweather is an asshole but he did nothing wrong. Ortiz was fighting dirty and no one is holding him accountable.

I watched this earlier today and have to say that Mayweather is a turd face. The head butt was bad, but a point should was taken away and that should have been that.

He had the fight in hand and pulled that crap. I love how he pushed Ortiz arms down right before the one two to the face. Good for Larry Merchant standing up to that jerk.

Also, Mayweather needs to stop running from Manny P like a little girl.

Oh... and referee Joe Cortez needs to be fired.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

fixed... ortiz seems to be fine about it.. they are both idiots..

Around the Network

Legal hit that didn't show good sportsmanship made possible by a situation the ref should have never allowed to occur.

Ortiz fucked up, and he seemed really ashamed of it, but the mayweather knockout was just gay. Seriously, who wants to win like that?! By a sucker punch? That's no way to win. Mayweather has all the right to be pissed but don't go out in a shitty fashion. Let the fight start from neutral corners and beat his shit if you're so butthurt from the headbutt. Prove to us that you are a least a fighter with some dignity. Be the bigger man and put Ortiz to shame for his actions. I want someone to step up and put mayweather in his place. Whether it's Pacquiao or somebody else, I don't care

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

sucker punch MY ASS! Ortiz was clearly looking at Floyd when he got hit and he had enough time to dodge the second punch

he got floyd on the ropes and did not get ANY DECENT HITS IN and decided to headbutt him out of frustration

it's 1 thing if he headbutted then apologized, no he headbutted AND KEPT SWINGING until the ref broke it up THEN he starts with the apology crap

and who the hell apologizes 3 times?? Ortiz is a fucking idiot! but of course everybody was/is mad at Floyd though..

typical..

It was bad reffing first of all, restarting the fight but then turning his back... he should of had them go to nuetral corners besides that.

Secondly, it was a cheap shot by Mayweather who KNEW ortiz didn't know the fight was back on... anyone who thinks otherwise is a dellusional mayweather fan.

Thirdly, it was kinda irrelevant outside of hurting mayweathers legacy. Mayweather was dominating the fight before that point according to all accounts i've read. 

All Mayweather did was tarnish his own legacy... well more so anyway, the whole ducking paqs isn't helping either.

BluGamer23 said:
fixed... ortiz seems to be fine about it.. they are both idiots..

Yeah, that's my take on it too.