By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide UP 17th September

Pretty low Gunstringer numbers, particularly following Child of Eden and Rise of Nightmares. I expect a lot of Kinect titles slowly creep to decent numbers in the end but particularly with 360 expectations are for strong openings and Kinect titles really seem to be struggling at the moment. Just look at Just Dance 2 on the Wii vs Kinect titles and it's clear where the casual focus remains really. Will be curious to see if holiday appeal and marketing can revitalize the platform as interest seems to have really died away (although to be fair that could just be lack of alignment with the titles released with the existing install base).

Most everything else as expected trend wise from last week I'd say. Resistance 3 held okay drop wise but the damage was done reputation wise from R2 and the numbers show it. Really Insomniac kept changing the game mechanics and feel way too much from one release to the next and they paid for it in loss of fanbase loyalty and consistent appeal.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ALL hardware down quite a bit (except for 3DS which when combined with DS is barely up)

Which is bad news for those that have already played their price cut card.

Assuming PS3 isn't undertracked following pricecut like it was in US ;)

Can't wait for this quarter shipment numbers.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Wii back above 100K! should start to remain above that mid October, I expect only 2 more weeks below 100K or 3. 3DS doing smashing, only going up from now on.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Zlejedi said:
kowenicki said:
ALL hardware down quite a bit (except for 3DS which when combined with DS is barely up)

Waht do you reckon they'll be?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

ps3 has to be undertracked there is no way it can do the same numbers in the us after 3 weeks

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:
Zlejedi said:
kowenicki said:

Waht do you reckon they'll be?

3DS overtracked in EMEA, PS3 undertracked in EMEA as there's no reason why those markets would behave diffrently than USA.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The gap should grow in 360's favor next week with the Gears bundle.

PS3 only a few weeks away from being under 3 million behind 360. Will be interesting to see whether the gap keeps narrowing all the way through to the new year or whether 360 will widen the gap back out to over 3 million.

I'm glad R3 managed 100K this week, though it's not really all that great news. Dang at Dead Island. There's obviously pent up demand for a zombie game. There's not really been anything of this sort since L4D2 has there? And that wasn't for PS3, so PS3 has been pretty short changed for zombie killing FP games.

I do hope R3 legs it out past Dead Island (on PS3). But both really need to make hay now before the big FPS boys come put to play. Otherwise wait until next year. I have a feeling that some PS3 gamers have gone with Dead Island for their time filler until either MW3 or BF3 because the differences are greater than between those games and R3.

VGC vs Media Create for Japan

MC
3DS 58,837
PS3 36,061
PSP 25,122
Wii 15,406
DSi LL 2,869
DSi 2,234
360 1,295
DS Lite 78

3DS and Wii higher on VGC. PS3, 360, PSP and DS lower on VGC. If VGC numbers for Wii had matched Media Create, Wii would have been below 100K for the week.

@ Reasonable: I guess it depends on what you consider decent in the context of the opening performance of games like Rise of Nightmares and Gunstringer. I imagine they'll crawl along to 100K, which is decent for games with sub 30K opening weeks. But by any general standard of sales success for games this generation 100K is not really decent sales. Kinect has a 10 million install base now, 100K isn't all that decent for a 10 million install base with a fairly limited number of available game titles.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Its almost certain PS3 is undertracked in NA, lets wait for the adjustments after the quarterly results.

360 > PS3 gap to drop below 3m next week for the first time.