By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 43.9% on Wii?

did it just jump .3% after a few hrs ago?

Around the Network

ya because of japan sales

...well Japan numbers just got added...

don't worry, it'll settle back down to 44.2 once the American numbers come in.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

@Grey acumen

They came in already dude, anyhow, 360's market share is dying while both ps3 and wii gain market share.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network
zackblue said:
@Grey acumen

They came in already dude, anyhow, 360's market share is dying while both ps3 and wii gain market share.

The question is: will the PS3 hit 25% before the Wii hits 50%?  My money, in that case, would be on the Wii. 

Japan sold more Wii's than NA, outselling PS3 6:1. That's why it bumped up. Crazy.

WiiFit will be blamed.

zackblue said:
@Grey acumen

Yes, it's been going down for over a year....  The 360 started out with 100%....  could only go down from there.

How low will it go....?

Gamerace said:
Japan sold more Wii's than NA, outsell PS3 6:1. That's why it bumped up. Crazy.

WiiFit will be blamed.

Wii fit is unstoppable

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

If you look at the time period after the Wii launched, even with two very strong holiday seasons from the Xbox 360, the Wii outsold the Xbox 360 and PS3 combined and had some units left over.

Wii production levels have finally been increased significantly, putting the Wii in good position to reach 50% of the market in 2008. As the Wii approaches 50%, the PS3 can approach 25% of the market as its market share catches the 360 (assuming this happens). In 2007, the 360 just slightly outsold the PS3. I think we'll see that reverse in 2008. Perhaps the PS3 will eclipse the 360 by 1 or 2 million. The 360 had two consecutive years of selling about 7.5 million units plus more than a million in 2005 for its launch. Perhaps the 360 will break that mold and sell 8-9 million units next year.