By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - And the Best Selling Game of 2007 is...

Haha i bought a ds exclusivly for pokemon diamond. Pokemon is great franchise. Shame nintendo puts half ass iterations on their consoles though. Id like to see a full fledged pokemon game on the wii with voice actors, cuts scenes, the whole shabang. But this nintendo, mario nor zelda have voice acting where i remember spyro on the ps1 having voice acting. Gimme some pokemon nintendo!

Around the Network

Zucas, Wii Play is up there. In fact, it's technically in second place above Halo 3. When you take out its 2006 sales in Others and Japan it sold about 7.5 million units in 2007. I just talked about Halo 3 because I knew it was what people were expecting ^_^

Also, I agree dababus. I would love Nintendo to make a real Pokemon game for consoles. Pokemon Farm on Wii Ware does look like an interesting take on the franchise though.

woah last night me and my mates were talking about the good old days with pokemon. And i still said Halo 3 Scary stuff

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

The Xbox 360's biggest game to date also received a sales update, as Microsoft revealed that it had sold 8.1 million copies of Halo 3 since its September release.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184291.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6184291

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Soriku said:
Pokemon is the devil.

Freaking fun and addicting.

Actually the Vatican has investigated this, and officially proclaimed that Pokemon is free of any satanic influences, and, amongst other commendable things, promotes the virtues of friendship, courage, and loyalty.

Or something like that anyway.

Around the Network
revolutions said:
The Xbox 360's biggest game to date also received a sales update, as Microsoft revealed that it had sold 8.1 million copies of Halo 3 since its September release.

You are fairly new to the site, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have never been told this before, but when a company reports sales numbers like that they are reporting sales to retailers, not sales to consumers.  VGC tracks sales to consumers.  Those are the numbers discussed above.

Sorry, but Pokemon died for me a long time ago. It was cool when there was 151, but once they started to add more Pokemon, it just made collecting them all, that much harder. Plus, they started to add some really, ugly ones, and that totally turned me down. They should have ended Pokemon after the first generation. It was cool until Pokemon Gold and Silver came along, and made you do everything all over again.

naznatips said:
revolutions said:

You are fairly new to the site, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have never been told this before, but when a company reports sales numbers like that they are reporting sales to retailers, not sales to consumers.  VGC tracks sales to consumers.  Those are the numbers discussed above.

Okey :) thx

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

revolutions said:
naznatips said:
revolutions said:

You are fairly new to the site, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have never been told this before, but when a company reports sales numbers like that they are reporting sales to retailers, not sales to consumers. VGC tracks sales to consumers. Those are the numbers discussed above.

Okey :) thx

Wow, I don't recall anyone ever taking it that well...most of the time people argue about it =P

I'm surprised and almost impressed in a weird way.

PS - See my sig for further info.... 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Damn, and I here I was thinking it'd be Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity. =P