By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - And the Best Selling Game of 2007 is...

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl!  It was a tough battle with Halo 3, but Pokemon actually beat it by a pretty signifficant margin.  In 2007, Halo 3 sold roughly 6.4 million copies, whereas Pokemon sold 7.55 million copies in America and Others alone.  I didn't bother trying to figure out how much it sold in Japan this year, but I believe it was around 1 million as well.  Pokemon Diamond and Pearl is the fastest selling DS game.  It has currently sold 13.11 million copies world-wide, and is the second best selling DS game behind Nintendogs at 16.55 million.  So, congratulations to Nintendo and Game Freak for making such a wildly successful game!

Around the Network

Ah, damn. When I read the title before clicking, I said aloud "HALO 3." Guess Pokemon is a bigger killer app.

good job nintendo, i predict next year to be Brawl

how much did nintendogs sell?

yoshiboots said:

I predict you will be wrong

Around the Network

@stats87

Because he means this year right?

Wii Play had to be up there as well.

yoshiboots said:

You should have said that a few days ago.

totalwar23 said:
Ah, damn. When I read the title before clicking, I said aloud "HALO 3." Guess Pokemon is a bigger killer app.

I'm sure most people expected Halo 3. Pokemon went way under the radar to steal the win, but yes, as far as the strength of the franchise goes, Halo isn't anywhere near the same league as Pokemon.

@stats87, that's right. SSBB will be the best selling game this year (2008).

Saiyar said:
yoshiboots said:

You should have said that a few days ago.

Haha owned XD

Gratz to teh Pokeman's.