By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
famousringo said:
Dodece said:
This is where the Wii library is going. The train left months ago, and the ticket told you exactly where you were going. Now you have the audacity to act surprised by the destination. That is a surreal amount of brain damage. This is why dedicated PS3/360 fans look at you like your nuts. Shake their heads when you get excited about the library, or even dare to say it is really good. Which you shouldn't, and it isn't.

That said Konami is responding to the voice of the consumer. The consumer wants mini games with little depth. Graphics are not very relevant. The more simplistic the controls the better, and by all means keep the price down if at all possible. The consumer really isn't looking for a real game. Then make sure you spend as little as possible developing it Wii owners do not buy a lot of games after all.

You guys basically have no clue what you want. You scream about third party delivery then extol the virtues of Wii fit, Wii play, Wii sports, and soon enough Wii music. Then you act puzzled by where companies like Konami are coming from. They are trying to make money, and your fellow players are not hardcore hell they aren't even core. Your playing with many people that when it comes to gaming are mildly retarded.

I will sum up my post in one simple yet eloquent line.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Yes. The sales of Dewey's Adventure is irrefutable proof that Konami knows exactly what Wii consumers want.

Best selling Konami game on Wii, Elebits with 240k. They understand the market much better than those other third parties that sell millions.

Just thought I'd add some data, to demonstrate how Konami has its fingers on the very pulse of Wii gaming.

Konami titles released on Wii:

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&console=Wii&publisher=Konami&genre=&keyword=&order=Last+Updated

Total: 750,000 units

Third party Wii titles which have sold more than Konami's entire Wii lineup:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games

Resident Evil 4

Guitar Hero 3 

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Tiger Woods PGA Tour '07 (tied)

First party Wii titles which have sold more than Konami's entire Wii lineup:

Wii Play

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Party 8

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Super Paper Mario

Big Brain Academy

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3

Wii Fit

Pokemon Battle Revolution

As we can see, Konami is the definitive Wii publisher. Only Dodece knows what Wii gamers want better than Konami does.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
This is where the Wii library is going. The train left months ago, and the ticket told you exactly where you were going. Now you have the audacity to act surprised by the destination. That is a surreal amount of brain damage. This is why dedicated PS3/360 fans look at you like your nuts. Shake their heads when you get excited about the library, or even dare to say it is really good. Which you shouldn't, and it isn't.

That said Konami is responding to the voice of the consumer. The consumer wants mini games with little depth. Graphics are not very relevant. The more simplistic the controls the better, and by all means keep the price down if at all possible. The consumer really isn't looking for a real game. Then make sure you spend as little as possible developing it Wii owners do not buy a lot of games after all.

You guys basically have no clue what you want. You scream about third party delivery then extol the virtues of Wii fit, Wii play, Wii sports, and soon enough Wii music. Then you act puzzled by where companies like Konami are coming from. They are trying to make money, and your fellow players are not hardcore hell they aren't even core. Your playing with many people that when it comes to gaming are mildly retarded.

I will sum up my post in one simple yet eloquent line.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

So that's... world sales leader by a mile? 

le_patriote said:

Deleted by moderator.

Actually he's a microsoft fanboy.  He likes to take as many shots against the PS3 as he does the Wii.

ssj12 said:
you people are retards.

you have the right to complain about Cruis'n but this you do not. Like I said its a fun game. Its an ARCADE GAME. HAS ANYONE HERE BUT ME AND BOD BEEN TO AN ARCADE OR ARE YOU ALL TO YOUNG TO KNOW WTF AN ARCADE IS?

All the arcades by me have closed.  Even the mall one i used to go to a lot.  It's sad.

In the end, Dodece may be right. Look at konami`s games for Xbox360.

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&console=X360&publisher=Konami&genre=&keyword=&order=Last+Updated

Developed

Rumble Roses XX
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 3
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Published

Xbox 360 Call of Duty 2
Xbox 360 Bomberman: Act Zero

I mean, they really know what the console`s userbase want.
Publishing COD 2 in Japan was a brilliant move http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=298

Bomberman Act Zero sold like there is no tomorrow
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=236
and is arguably the best bomberman game ever
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929921.asp

Both Dance Dance Revolutions sold very well and seem to match 360 uber 1337 hardcore demographic

Rumble Roses XX match the "mature" image of 360 gamers. A deep and complex game. Very different than the gimmicks we are used to in games with big breasted chicks.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 3 is so good that I could not find info for it on VG chartz or gamerankings. The faq in gamefaqs was for a PS2 game, so that must mean this game graphics are amazing.

Last we have 2 great Football games that sold very well ... in Europe (only in Europe). We all know that 700k to 1 million sales is enough to break even on the 360. We also know that breaking even is enough for all companies. Profits do not bring happiness.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
you people are retards.

you have the right to complain about Cruis'n but this you do not. Like I said its a fun game. Its an ARCADE GAME. HAS ANYONE HERE BUT ME AND BOD BEEN TO AN ARCADE OR ARE YOU ALL TO YOUNG TO KNOW WTF AN ARCADE IS?

I've played this game and it's very fun.  If I had to pick a shooter to drop a dollar on at the movie theaters it would be this one just for the pure humor and fun.  If the price is right I'm definetly going to be picking this up.  I suggest everyone that's been putting this game down at least try to head down to an arcade (or maybe movie theater if they have it) and play it.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Next up on Wii, exclusively, Pukey-Sugary Little Adventure! (*looking at Elebits->Dewy's Adventure movement) A game with a dizzy-inducing budget of $500k and 1 month development cycle.

Picko said:
I know that Nintendo fans like to go on about gameplay over graphics and fair enough but there's one fundamental flaw in that thinking: Great graphics and great gameplay are a part of high production values. Developers who decide they don't want to maximise the Wii's graphical output are lazy developers, and there's no reason to expect that they would be less lazy on the gameplay side of things.

I have little doubt that if this game is released looking the way it does now that it will play equally atrociously. Gameplay and graphics tend to have a high positive correlation, and if lazy developers create games with awful graphics then there's a more than good chance the game will have awful gameplay too.

Absolutely - gameplay > graphics any day of the week, but if you dont even bother to use the graphical ability available to you its just retarded. If this was all the Wii was capable of, Id have no problem with it.

If Knomai is going to release this game, it should be some compilation of older arcade rail shooters at a good value to boot. I'd go for that, but if they are going to try and release this at the full $49.99 price of new games, im going to say no, and im going to enjoy watching them sink on another console.

@jlrx
I totally aggree on what you say, I played this at the arcade so long back I dont even remember how old this was. Mindless fun? yes! but just for a few try then it become stupid and boring, and Konami expect to sell this very old game to wii users without utilizing its graphic ability? this is just an insult to any wii owner out there, clearly show its a cheap way to cash in a quick bucks on wii's hype. People need to stop twisting this and defend konami, what will you feel if that crap is released on those two HD platform without any enhancement to those shitty graphics? I bet those HD owner that is defending the game right now will turn around and say the say same negative things right now if it were released this way for ps3 or x360

I'm sure it's a good game, but it's an arcade port with some pretty sad graphics.

If this was Target: Terror 2 with a revamped engine and new everything, ok, I'd be fine with that.

But thus far, Konami has shown time and time again that they have zero desire to put any funding or effort on the Wii, the only exception possibly being the new Winning Eleven (but we'll see).

Also, this was just too funny...

Bomberman Act Zero
Launch sales
1) 1,247
2) 912
3) 798

El-Oh-Friggin'-El.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks