By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

misteromar mk4.

i am whit you.

i hope mgs4 will sell so bad.

Around the Network
thanny said:

its ok guys, turns out they were fake. its actually a third person on rails ands its shaping up pretty well, if i may say so myself.

Win.

@Topic

This game looks worse than Cruis'n

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Dodece said:
This is where the Wii library is going. The train left months ago, and the ticket told you exactly where you were going. Now you have the audacity to act surprised by the destination. That is a surreal amount of brain damage. This is why dedicated PS3/360 fans look at you like your nuts. Shake their heads when you get excited about the library, or even dare to say it is really good. Which you shouldn't, and it isn't.

That said Konami is responding to the voice of the consumer. The consumer wants mini games with little depth. Graphics are not very relevant. The more simplistic the controls the better, and by all means keep the price down if at all possible. The consumer really isn't looking for a real game. Then make sure you spend as little as possible developing it Wii owners do not buy a lot of games after all.

You guys basically have no clue what you want. You scream about third party delivery then extol the virtues of Wii fit, Wii play, Wii sports, and soon enough Wii music. Then you act puzzled by where companies like Konami are coming from. They are trying to make money, and your fellow players are not hardcore hell they aren't even core. Your playing with many people that when it comes to gaming are mildly retarded.

I will sum up my post in one simple yet eloquent line.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Super Mario Galaxy

/thread 

@routsounmanman

A Library isn't a book. You need a lot of books to have a library. You need to have a lot of good, or important books to have a good library. Nintendo doesn't have a lot of good games. Hell it doesn't even have very many decent games. What is does have is a lot of hasty ports, shovel ware, and retro games. That is very much the substance of their library.

I suppose unfortunately for the hardcore Wii owners quality doesn't seem to matter as much as the advertising campaign, or the casual appeal of their system. Thus they are probably not going to ever get a lot of good games. Game developers can make a lot of shitty games, and make a killing. Thus why spend more money then they have to. The casual boil will erupt with excitement for anything that a five year old could master.

You can admit it if game quality really mattered. Microsoft would have sold the most consoles, and Nintendo and Sony would be neck and neck. That is not the case though, and the sales charts reflect that. Game quality isn't all that relevant to casual players, and the Wii is chalk full of those.

routsounmanman said:
Dodece said:
This is where the Wii library is going. The train left months ago, and the ticket told you exactly where you were going. Now you have the audacity to act surprised by the destination. That is a surreal amount of brain damage. This is why dedicated PS3/360 fans look at you like your nuts. Shake their heads when you get excited about the library, or even dare to say it is really good. Which you shouldn't, and it isn't.

That said Konami is responding to the voice of the consumer. The consumer wants mini games with little depth. Graphics are not very relevant. The more simplistic the controls the better, and by all means keep the price down if at all possible. The consumer really isn't looking for a real game. Then make sure you spend as little as possible developing it Wii owners do not buy a lot of games after all.

You guys basically have no clue what you want. You scream about third party delivery then extol the virtues of Wii fit, Wii play, Wii sports, and soon enough Wii music. Then you act puzzled by where companies like Konami are coming from. They are trying to make money, and your fellow players are not hardcore hell they aren't even core. Your playing with many people that when it comes to gaming are mildly retarded.

Super Mario Galaxy

/thread

clearly Dodece was talking about the library of wii games, not the individual games them selvs.

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:
So its a boycott of konami, untill they release AAA wii game. Who's with me?

I'm guessing that you don't own a ps3 and if that's the case your boycott is of no consequence.

The PS2 had the worst ratio of good games to ass games (and I mean bad games, not games featuring T&A, though there were a lot of those, too).

For every AAA title on the PS2, there were probably close to 25 crap ones, and yet that didn't hurt the PS2 at all.

I wouldn't mind if they released a compilation disc of, say, 3-4 older lightgun games. That'd be fine, but charging near full price for a game like this is just silly.

This sucks, and it sucks because Konami throws us into a no win situation: if Wii owners buy the game, Konami believes they can sell garbage on the Wii and will put no effort into their games. If Wii owners don't buy the game, Konami will conclude that their games don't sell on the Wii and won't put games out for it at all.

Either way, I say to hell with them. I'll just buy Zack and Wiki 2 instead of this or any of their other games.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Dodece said:

QFT Ok, maybe not in such a blunt way, but Dodece has a point, this is what casual Wii gamers (the vate majority) want. fortunately for the few 'hardcore' Wii gamers, there wll be the appearance of games like RE:UC and SMG every now and again, you'll just have to get used to having a library full of retro games and ports.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Dodece said:

Yes. The sales of Dewey's Adventure is irrefutable proof that Konami knows exactly what Wii consumers want.

Best selling Konami game on Wii, Elebits with 240k. They understand the market much better than those other third parties that sell millions.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Dodece said:

Let me get this straight, despite the fact that the highest selling games on the console are LoZ, MP3, Red Steel, Guitar Hero 3, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4 and soon to be SSBB, your claim is that Wii gamers long for games which are shoddy arcade ports with embarrassingly bad graphics?

You might as well just suggest that Uwe Boll makes films that movie-goers want to see because there's a cult following for certain bad movies.

No, Konami has demonstrated three times now that they have ZERO farking CLUE what Wii owners want because they've continuously failed to sell games to them, something 3rd parties like Capcom, Sega and Ubisoft don't seem to have a problem with.

And GIVEN that these other 3rd parties don't have a problem with it, I'm going to have to go ahead and point out the OBVIOUS fact that this means the problem is very much on Konami's end.

If Konami is only going to make ass for games, they deserve ass for sales. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks