By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Patcher : Wii U is a Wii HD not a New Console

what a deluded old fart , its the wii's successor yes its in hd, but from what the developers are saying particularly crytek this is indeed a big step up from the wii and packs some punch , and yes with his logic the ps3 is an HD ps2 and the the 360 is an HD xbox,

Around the Network

I thought PS3 with Move is Wii HD

Pachter: Sony Move is basically Wii HD

Also, it's Pachter, not Patcher. I actually feel bad for him each time I see this.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Funny thing is despite all the hate he is getting if you look at it objectively he was right that Nintendo should have released Wii HD in 2010

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Pachter is just covering his butt because his credibility when it comes to Nintendo is shot. Some people have suggested he purposely says this crap to throw people off while the people paying him for analysis get the real info. I don't buy that, I think he genuinely is out of touch with Nintendo, he's stuck in the old graphic's race and is thinking the old way.

WiiU is no more WiiHD then Wii was GCN/withWiimote, backwards computability does not mean the system is the same. The controller itself shows that this is a unique new platform. Also the fact that games will still use the Wiimote, oh wow then it must be WiiHD wait a second PS2 could use PSOne controllers and PS3 controller look identical to PS2 controllers. The 360 controller is a smaller cordless version of the X-Box controller.

So Mr.Pachter WiiU is as much a new console as PS2 was or PS3 was or SNES was. There is no denying that it is new hardware and that HD is included but not the defining feature. In fact we still don't know how close the WiiU will be powered to the competitors consoles. In fact it could have more under the hood then we think and be a true competitor next gen.

Face it Pachter you are three years late and totally wrong. You predicted a WiiHD three years ago, a new console comes out now and you call it WiiHD which is wrong!

Seriously Mr.Pachter is a smart analyst and he understands Microsoft and Sony a lot. However he is not smart when it comes to Nintendo, he doesn't understand the company. In fact Pachter himself said many times he does not understand Nintendo. So if you don't understand Nintendo stop giving analysis about it, because your always wrong!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

He's wrong, Wii U is the Super Gamecube HD.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
So what? Xbox 360 is Xbox HD , and PS3 is PS2 HD.
the console itself don't matter its the games on it that do.

And Vita is a PS3/PSP hybrid, the 3DS is a DS with 3D.  The world makes sense now!

Dont forget, The SNES was a Nintendo with Super Powers!

You don't get it guys, Patcher means that the Wii U is not a significant leap over the PS3 and 360 (graphics will be almost the same in multiplat games), people who already own a PS3 or 360 won't be so eager to buy a Wii U since the PS360 can feel their needs for an HD entertaiment center and motion controls also their online features are better than nintendo's and PS3 and 360 will keep getting price cuts while Wii U would probably launch at 250-300$.

Now if MS announced the X720 for march 2012 with 5 times better graphics (Kinect compatibility also) that would be considered a "new" console since people will want this new powerhouse console.

Patcher is a smart man you should check his latest Panel at PAX 2011, he explains about his "obvious" predictions.

You guys know that the wii is just two gamecubes duck-taped together right? So this is just two gamecubes duck-taped together in HD. Nintendo hasn't released a new console since the gamecube.

Gamecube is really the most sucessful gaming console of all time. Should be coming close 200 million sales now if not at that bunch mark already. 

I don't think Pachter ever got over looking like an idiot with his Wii HD projections. He's constantly trying to save face over this issue. I think he should just let it go.

Is not HD a better resolution and not graphics? How a 720p resolution will put better graphics on Wii?

So, what Pachter predicts, instead of just a better resolution, is better resolution and graphics. In other words, Wii 2 > WiiU> New console. And WiiU = New console.

But yeah, I agree with Pachter and the people whom agree with him, WiiU is just a Wii HD as Wii is just a NES+SNES+N64+GameCube.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile