By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When playing moral choice games which do you choose, GOOD or EVIL???

Tagged games:

When playing moral choice games which do you choose, GOOD or EVIL?

GOOD 58 84.06%

EVIL 11 15.94%

Total:69

I pretty much only play evil to get the trophies. I know a few gamers who take the evil path first and only be the good guy for the trophies / achievements. Either way it doesn't really tell you much about a person's actual moral compass.

But in general the moral decisions in games are pretty light weight. inFamous is interesting because when you play as evil Cole you get attacked by the ordinary citizens once you get evil enough. That's the first time I've seen that in a game where moral decisions involved.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Usually, when I enter a thread, I can automatically guess which game will be in the OP. I honestly expected Beyond Good and Evil instead of inFamous. Go figure.

On topic, I usually play through a game once. I have good intentions of re-playing it multiple times and seeing what else it has to offer but once is often it for me. So, with that in mind, my first playthrough is always a "What would I do in that situation" type deal. I tend to go mostly good. I can never bring myself to play a 100% good or 100% bad playthrough. It's always somewhere in the middle.

I just read the linked article in the OP and I think it's bullshit. I don't even know what it looks like to harvest a child in Bioshock. I never did it. Not even once. I haven't even gone to youtube to see what it looked like. I don't know what "Trench Coat Mafia", social degenerate gamers he's been hanging out with but most people I know are good people and they play their games accordingly......except my daughter. She's pure evil.

I always play good, I try to be as nice as possible, unless of course I'm mowing innocent pedestrians over in GTA or APB, for some reason that seems ok to me. I have tried to play evil and it has felt so wrong no matter how many times I tell myself it's just a game they aren't real, they don't feel etc etc.

I always play on the side of good whenever possible. Still, when I look at the videos of Commander Shapard being a jerk, it gives me a good laugh.

Around the Network

I always try to get as many women sleep with me... now if that's good or evil is in the eye of the beholder..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Depends on the game. Sometimes I have preferences.

Mass Effect - Good
inFamous - Evil

I never know when I'm evil or good it depends on who's in front of me. Playing purely evil or good sounds boring to me, because the upper choice is good and the lower choice is evil. It's like eliminating "free will" in games. It's not about good or evil it's about my own playstyle.

You have to sync your emotions with your gameplay.
Don't be nice to asshole, kill him. Forget that stupid Guardian Angel Achievement, because it's not part of the core experience.

I tend to mix things up a bit. I'm more good then evil, because of side quests.

I save the best for last, so I always start off with the Good then replay it in Evil.

Good of course! I'm no evil banananana!