By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy X Remake Proves Square Enix Doesn't Really Care About FFVII Fans

hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Final Fantasy VII doesn't need a remake. It's still an awesome game and if you can't get past the dated graphics well it's your loss.

@ bolded:Indeed.

My nephew (who is 19 now) was introduced to FF7 by me 6 years ago. He told me, Final Fantasy VII is still probably my favorite game, but I can't bring myself to play it again. The graphics are just that bad.

As much as I hate to admit, as much as I want to shake people and say, "just play it, the game is a masterpiece!" I think I'm finally giving in to the argument that maybe the graphics were really that bad all along. Although the legacy of FF7 passed the test of time, the graphics did not age well.

The graphics aren't that bad in battle. Sure when you're walking around Cloud looks like he's made out of Lego blocks but the backgrounds are okay.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

A FF7 remake have to be built from the ground up. It is expensive and will take a long time.

BULLSHIT ... FFX is easier they would have to build FF7 from scratch .. nobody use prerendered backs anymore for consoles, FF7 is COMPLETELY out of date theres nothing SE could remake.

TruckOSaurus said:
hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Final Fantasy VII doesn't need a remake. It's still an awesome game and if you can't get past the dated graphics well it's your loss.

@ bolded:Indeed.

My nephew (who is 19 now) was introduced to FF7 by me 6 years ago. He told me, Final Fantasy VII is still probably my favorite game, but I can't bring myself to play it again. The graphics are just that bad.

As much as I hate to admit, as much as I want to shake people and say, "just play it, the game is a masterpiece!" I think I'm finally giving in to the argument that maybe the graphics were really that bad all along. Although the legacy of FF7 passed the test of time, the graphics did not age well.

The graphics aren't that bad in battle. Sure when you're walking around Cloud looks like he's made out of Lego blocks but the backgrounds are okay.

The graphics in battle + battle soundtrack made me the gamer I am today

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

FFX is not a remake. It's a port. It's no more of a remake than FFIV PSP, or FFVI Advance.

FF7, they'd have to remake the whole game. Because it looks so ugly.

And if they did remake it, most people would bitch about it even if it's good... >_<.

For instance they'd have to redo the dialogue. (Squaresoft-Square-Enix has never been particularly strong at this outside of matsuno, and the FFIX writer guy imo).
Yes, it's funny to read a lot of the lines that go (*&)(*&)(*&)*( but some of it would be quite silly if spoken (like all the spoken final fantasy's have at some point, and most games in general). They'd have to redo al lot of the level design, because the buildings are so disproportional.

I love final fantasy 7 to death. But if you remake it, you really have to fix the things that were blatantly wrong with it that nonspoken dialoge covers up. If you do, you can lose a lot of it's charm. 

And also, imo the way to fix the trend of final fantasy (Mass Perception) is to make a great new final fantasy game. Instead of dedicating resources to comepletely remake a game that was already great. 

And theps3news cares about final fantasy or he wouldn't have made this thread XD

Around the Network
ishiki said:
FFX is not a remake. It's a port. It's no more of a remake than FFIV PSP, or FFVI Advance.

See that's where you might be wrong, it will not just be an HD upgrade me thinks. I believe X will be a remake.

What do X and XIII have in common? Both lack World maps. Both pretty similar in linearity. FFX will be remade with FXIII's Crystal Tools Engine. What FFXIII lacked, and what made X a much better game were the fun sidequests and towns. That shouldn't be too hard to tack on for the FFX remake.

Sometimes my genius surpasses me

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

it would be funny if Square remade ff7 only to find out that all the towns were taken out

and the world map was gone (no exploring the world map on foot or via chocobo)

no manual control over an airship or submarine either

and also it would do WONDERS when you find that all the paths have been squeezed, chopped and screwed into straight line paths

lol =P

but seriously they should just keep ff7 how it is. let it stay with those garbage graphics

if people cant get past it then THAT'S TOO D@MN BAD!!

Me: hey do you remember the game sonic the hedgehog?
Random derp: yea but i cant play it because of the graphics

Me: hey do you remember the game Super mario land on super nintendo?
Random derp #2: yea but i cant play it because of the graphics

Me:hey do you remember the game pac-man?
Random derp #3: yea but i cant play it because of the graphics

GIVE ME A BREAK..

It proves that an HD port of PS2 games are easier than PS1 HD games which would require a remake, not a port.

Christian973 said:
FFX HD is not a remake it's an HD port. It's the PS2 with HD upscaling.

It's not upscaling, people always seem to use that word incorrectly.

It just runs at a higher resolution.

As for "Final Fantasy X remake", once again, remake is a word that is used incorrectly, it's more along the lines of a remaster.

Final Fantasy VII would take too long to remake and the costs would be astronomical, if they did, they wouldn't be announcing a PS3 release now, they miss their opportunity. If they were going to do it, they should start development as soon as they get their hands on the PS4.

hatmoza said:
ishiki said:

See that's where you might be wrong, it will not just be an HD upgrade me thinks. I believe X will be a remake.

What do X and XIII have in common? Both lack World maps. Both pretty similar in linearity. FFX will be remade with FXIII's Crystal Tools Engine. What FFXIII lacked, and what made X a much better game were the fun sidequests and towns. That shouldn't be too hard to tack on for the FFX remake.

Sometimes my genius surpasses me

I would vote that square-enix would go the lazy route. 

But yes, your logic does make complete sense. And I agree with. I just don't hate, FFXIII the way you do :P.