By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Worldwide sales decreasing - Microsoft must react NOW!!!!

The CES is approaching.

And after the disapointing sales at the end of the year, we can say that MS has to announce a new version of its XBox360 including HDD and HD-DVD inside. 

Microsoft MUST launch this new model as soon as possible! They can even launch this model cheaper than the PS3 because HD-DVD costs less than BR!!!

That s a state of emergency: in Europe, the PS3 is taking the lead over the Xbox360 for 2 big reasons : the price felt down very fast, and the BD player is actually considered as a great asset.

Xbox360 is not so cheap in Europe and the games are the most expensive in the worldwide market too.

Now, Microsoft MUST react very quickly! As you can see in the US, the outcome is decreasing very quickly too!

Mr Gates wont let SONY corp. takes the lead of both HD market (with the BD format) and the next-gen HD video game market!

Or they will disapoint a lot of people and will lose this next year, for sure!

Around the Network

What?

Microsoft can make pricecuts that will help sales, the HD format war is Sonys not Microsofts. They cant do nothing about BR there is 9million PS3s than can use BR the add-on did not help Microsoft and expensive HD-DVD 360 wont either.

yeah, what?

God From the Machine

Yes, I imagine Microsoft will make efforts to boost sales...

There, I've contributed. I now leave this thread for good.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

There best shot at boosting sales is a new model with wii like controller and a blu-ray drive.

As far as Blu-Ray vs HD DVD format my money is on Blu-Ray just because it's a cooler name.

I can see the value in having an HD DVD enabled, large hard-drive version of the Xbox 360, ESPECIALLY if it was manufactured by Toshiba and marketed as such in Japan. Either way developers will still make just about every single game available on the original Xbox 360 SKU's.

All of this would only be positive if the pricing was VERY competitive.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Adding an HD-DVD drive now would be folly. Price cuts on the other hand are a weapon MS can effectively use against Sony in '08.

Actually, the X360's sales from the same week last year increased almost 150,000 units.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.