By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A quick look at 2007 American Wii Software sales

I'll leave in-depth analysis to someone more suited to the task, but I did a quick analysis of American software for 2007 on the Wii and this is what I found:

In the year 25,973,103 pieces of software were sold (not including Wii Sports and Wii Play)
10,029,985 (39%) of this software was software published by Nintendo
15,943,118 (61%) of this software was published by third parties

This means that (roughly) 3 titles were purchased by every Wii owner in 2007

There were 50,160,001 User Owned Wii Months in the Year
Wii owners (on average) buy 1 Wii game every 2 months

Around the Network

Nice. Good quickie.

The power of DS

Yojimbo said:
The power of DS
How is the Wii software due to the power of the DS??

superchunk said:
Yojimbo said:
The power of DS
How is the Wii software due to the power of the DS??

I thought Nintendo sales in US.

Around the Network

That sounds pretty good for Wii. I helped support 10 of the 26 million. I did my part :).

HappySqurriel said:

I'll leave in-depth analysis to someone more suited to the task, but I did a quick analysis of American software for 2007 on the Wii and this is what I found:

In the year 25,973,103 pieces of software were sold (not including Wii Sports and Wii Play)

Fascinating. I'd love to see somebody do this analysis for the other platforms. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
HappySqurriel said:

Fascinating. I'd love to see somebody do this analysis for the other platforms. 

I'm almost done ...

Good analysing

I still don't think its fair for finding out the tie ratio without including Wii Sports, and especially Wii Play, a title bought in stores haha. I mean because Wii Sports may come with the console, but you have to take into a fact now when they buy a console they already have one game, meaning it may not be necessary for them to buy another game. This would offset now the tie ratio by obviously 1 pt, for not including it.

And not including Wii Play is silly. Just cuase it comes bundled with a Wii Remote means nothing. It's still a game and bought by people as a game. I think at least Wii Play should be added in, but you get my point about Wii Sports.