By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP-10th September

Claymore said:

Looks like Dead island stole lots of sales from R3 80k less than R2 thats gotta hurt, I'am also really happy with Disgaea 4 sales more than double what disgaea 3 did.

Or the other way around. If it wasn't for Resistance 3, Dead Island on PS3 might have done bigger numbers than the 160k R3 has opened to now.

Around the Network

remember Resistance 2 launched in the middle of the holiday's so Resistance 3 should have been expected to do lower 1st week

resistance 3 opened lower than resistance 2 but i still see it doing more than resistance 2 lifetime

and also Resistance 3 doesn't have Killzone 3 releasing 3 months after it cutting off it's sales how Killzone 2 did to Resistance 2

i was expecting Resistance 3 to do like 80k in europe 1st week but 36k!? that is CRAZY low if it is true

megaman79 said:
Interesting to note that a "core" Kinect motion game on 360 didn't sell well at all. It didn't much better than many Wii games of a similar type.

I guess it wasn't the Wii audience to blame, but rather bad quality product.

Of course it was the Wii audience to blame. And much of the Kinect audience IS the Wii audience, that and the core Kinect owners (like me) actually have good alternatives.

PS3 performs nicely in Americas. can't wait to see wht NPD says.

R3 has a great debut in the top 2 near 200k likely to hit 400k with EMEAA's.  Space Marine does 127,277k cross both platforms which is a good start.

Deus Ex starting to fall hard with just over 50k cross both platforms.

enditall727 said:
remember Resistance 2 launched in the middle of the holiday's so Resistance 3 should have been expected to do lower 1st week

resistance 3 opened lower than resistance 2 but i still see it doing more than resistance 2 lifetime

and also Resistance 3 doesn't have Killzone 3 releasing 3 months after it cutting off it's sales how Killzone 2 did to Resistance 2

i was expecting Resistance 3 to do like 80k in europe 1st week but 36k!? that is CRAZY low if it is true

36k is just in UK what are you talking about.....LOL!

whole EU is probly gonna be around 90-110k give or take.

Around the Network
Ping_ii said:
enditall727 said:

?? OHHHHHHH

im glad you posted this lol

for some reason i always mistake UK for being all of emeaa :)

Ping_ii said:
enditall727 said:

36k in the uk is the maximum it could be, doesn't mean it is.

non-gravity said:
Claymore said:

Looks like Dead island stole lots of sales from R3 80k less than R2 thats gotta hurt, I'am also really happy with Disgaea 4 sales more than double what disgaea 3 did.

Or the other way around. If it wasn't for Resistance 3, Dead Island on PS3 might have done bigger numbers than the 160k R3 has opened to now.

Not really Dead island was going against a fairly big named and well established IP and only selling 20k less is really good I was expecting R3 to do alot better than it has to be honest.

Nintendogamer said:
So I guess PS3 will do about 195K, 360 : 120K and Wii : 102,500 worldwide.

For that happen PS3 needs to sell less than 64k in EMEAA... last week it sold 83k... so I can't see PS3 selling less than 200k this week .

GT5 dropped again in Americas (different from the rest of the world) from 3,795 to 3,316 (-12%).

At least in the EMEAA GT5 have a big boost this week putting it over 20k for sure.

PD must tell me the truth .