By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft to screw fans again!!!!!!!!!1

take it easy, if a 360 with built-in HD-DVD is launched, it will only because of a deal between MS and Toshiba, and will only be used for HD-DVD movies.

Around the Network

it would doom them financially, but if its better- then I am on board. (but the masses would never buy it)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

kvh22000 said:
Lets hope not. I already an original xbox which is collecting dust because games on it are obsolete.

I'm still pissed that I have a huge pile of Atari 2600 games that are obsolete, too.

Screw you, Atari! I hope you go bankrupt!

Twice! 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ rocketpig. Ha ha thats funny.

MS could have stayed with the xbox a little longer. (Think Sony)

kvh22000 said:
@ rocketpig. Ha ha thats funny.

MS could have stayed with the xbox a little longer. (Think Sony)

They were basically run out of the sixth generation by bad deals with Intel and Nvidia. There was no way they could cut the Xbox costs down low enough to hope to stop the bleeding. I doubt we'll see the same thing happen to the 360. They appeared to learn from their mistakes (they own the design of the 360 chip).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

kvh22000 -

Exactly what games are you dying to play on your X360 from your Xbox that still do not work? MS has 400-ish titles that now work on the X360.

Secondly, only an idiot would ever assume a HD-DVD-ready Xbox 360 would play games. You cannot do a revision that huge (essentially changing the entire product). It'd be like SegaCD/32x but worse.

Thirdly, if they would do a HD-DVD option for multi-disk games, how would that be stupid? It would give addopters of that SKU X360 to atleast get some gaming value out of the system. It'd be the best of both worlds - old DVD-capible X360 owners get all the games, but the HD-DVD-equipped X360 owners get to have 1 HD-DVD for games like LO and BD. I don't see how that's inherantly bad for either side?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

none. What I mean is when the 360 came out. The original xbox died.

Also, I doubt they would ever a change that huge as well. However, it is a rumor that they claim might be unvieled at CES this year.

Also, an hd-dvd, standard dvd option would be a horrible idea. What would you say if suddenly sony decided to release a non blu-ray PS3. Anyone who buys one would miss out on uncharted, ratchet and clank, etc. Are software companies supposed to re-release all current releases again on a different format because the MS decided to extend the format war.

Lets be serious that is what this is all about.

Than don't buy another Xbox 360. It's as simple as that. I'm sure it will still be compatible with all future Xbox 360 games. Perhaps it will just read the HD-DVD games the same as the ones that aren't.

Its just a prediction. Although I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to try it.