By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCEJ Press Conference Thread

Wagram said:
Smeags said:
Wagram said:
That conference.....sucked.

But watch as their stock goes up 5%.

But yeah... I should have followed Boutros' lead. That said, g'night everyone!

Lol I actually thought that earlier. Ninty did much better conference wise. Kudos to SE though. If they localize that (and they will) i'm totally in.

Actually, before the press conference, it was pretty high, but during the conference, it went lower. Now it is basically back to the price it opened at during the day.  So at the end of the day it might be 0% change. However it is up by +8 yen from yesterday. 

Around the Network

Sony should have used M.U.G.E.N thread for the conferences, that is how you hype vita :)

No Monster Hunter for the Vita? Also, the Vita looks awesome as a hardware but the software is so damn lacking... all of the games that look remotely interesting to me will also be available on the PS3. What's the incentive for me to shell $250+ on a new console when most of the games can be played on the PS3, and the new games don't seem too interesting?

Xxain said:
why the hell isnt the OP updated?

what did i miss?

I'll summarize it.

crap - crap - crap - crap - Yay FFX Remake - crap - crap - This guy wont shut the fuck up - end

No Monster Hunter for the Vita? Also, the Vita looks awesome as a hardware but the software is so damn lacking... all of the games that look remotely interesting to me will also be available on the PS3. What's the incentive for me to shell $250+ on a new console when most of the games can be played on the PS3, and the new games don't seem too interesting?

Around the Network
Cirio said:

It's not really any worse then what the 3DS launced with. It's subjectively better. Give them 5 to 6 more months to show what they have.

Sony has no idea on how to make this conference not go boring. They have the goods but they focus on everything that it fell flat. Thank God for Square, Capcom and Konami saving this conference for me. They really need to make up for the gameplay footages here on TGS

Wagram said:
Cirio said:

It's not really any worse then what the 3DS launced with. It's subjectively better. Give them 5 to 6 more months to show what they have.

Hopefully they won't have to resort to a $80 price-cut to sell it to me.

Cirio said:
Wagram said:
Cirio said:

Hopefully they won't have to resort to a $80 price-cut to sell it to me.

Indeed. The big difference between Sony and Nintendo in this situation is that Ninty launched with games and then nothing came out at all. Sony has 100 titles for the Vita. If they can manage to spread them out then the problem Nintendo faced shouldn't be a problem for them.

And btw. This thread should be retitled to SCEJ Pre-TGS press conference. This is kind of misleading.