By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 9/11 terrorist attack... What really happened?

lets see....
some terrorists attacked the world trade centers, 1000s of people died. U.S. got mad and invaded other countries to find one guy. billions of dollars were wasted. 10 years later the u.s. finally found and killed the king of hide and seek. Us Americans were so ecstatically happy about finding this one guy that they forgot it only took 1000s of lives, billions of dollars, a dip in the economy, and loss of morality for killing civilians in other countries. but we still got our revenge and of course we still have McDonalds!

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:
lets see....
some terrorists attacked the world trade centers, 1000s of people died. U.S. got mad and invaded other countries to find one guy. billions of dollars were wasted. 10 years later the u.s. finally found and killed the king of hide and seek. Us Americans were so ecstatically happy about finding this one guy that they forgot it only took 1000s of lives, billions of dollars, a dip in the economy, and loss of morality for killing civilians in other countries. but we still got our revenge and of course we still have McDonalds!

See.  The conspiracy worked flawlessly!

Metallicube said:
Yakuzaice: "The problem with most 'truthers' is that they aren't interested in seaking the truth at all. They usually have an idea in their head of how it happened and will ignore any evidence contrary to that. They usually make the claim of just asking questions to further obfuscate the situation. Closer to creationists than anything else."

No, ideas that are close to creationists in absurdity are the following:

- To believe that two 110 story steel reinforced concrete buildings - designed to withstand the 100 year storm and multiple 707 impacts - can implode completely within 10 seconds, the rate of freefall acceleration, when NO steel building in the history of the world has ever collapsed due to fire, let alone at freefall.

Well at least you got the type of plane correct this time.  Unfortunately I believe you are referring to the comments made by Frank DeMartini.  To quote myself from the last 9/11 thread.

"DeMartini was not involved in the design of the World Trade Center.  I don't see how he can be called an 'engineer of the world trade center'.  He was an architect who worked for the company that was hired to help with repairing the WTC after the 1993 bombing. 

Like I said, I would like to see solid design specifications, not a flippant remark made on camera.  'Fully loaded', what does that entail?  A plane loaded with fuel going 1000 km/h or just a plane that is full of cargo?  'Multiple impacts' how many is multiple?  Two?  Five?  Twenty?  'Screen door'?  This analogy is just bad.  A screen door is held up by the door frame, not the screen itself.  It would be more comparable to knocking the windows out of the building.  'Sustain multiple impacts'.  Once again, what does sustain mean exactly?  The buildings did 'sustain' the impacts of the airplanes, but it was the sum of multiple factors that brought the buildings down.

Here is a quote from Leslie E. Robertson, an actual lead structural engineer on the World Trade Center.

" The two towers were the first structures outside of the military and nuclear industries designed to resist the impact of a jet airliner, the Boeing 707. It was assumed that the jetliner would be lost in the fog, seeking to land at JFK or at Newark. To the best of our knowledge, little was known about the effects of a fire from such an aircraft, and no designs were prepared for that circumstance. Indeed, at that time, no fireproofing systems were available to control the effects of such fires."

http://www.nae.edu/Publications/Bridge/EngineeringandHomelandSecurity/ReflectionsontheWorldTradeCenter.aspx "

Once again, the buildings did not accelerate at the rate of gravity.  You can clearly see that debris is falling faster than the building itself.  You only get close to free fall speeds if you pretend the bottom of the building is already gone when it is obscured by dust or other buildings.  Also, which of those other steel buildings were on fire due to the same circumstances?  Which of them even had the same design for the load bearing columns?

Metallicube said:

- To believe that a 47 story steel reinforced concrete building can implode complete on its own footprint in 7 seconds, when no plane hit the building and there were only a few minor fires scattered about.

WTC 7 had a lot of damage to its south side and fires burning for around 7 hours.  It also didn't collapse in 7 seconds, the east side began collapsing before the entire building.  Most conspiracy theorists just tend to leave that part out of their videos.  Also, like 1 and 2, WTC 7 was a bit of a victim of its own design.  There were three main trusses.  When one of these slipped and failed, the east side began collapsing.  The rest of the weight was redistributed to the other two, and they failed.  I see in another post you said their motivation was to destroy files on insider trading.  Really?  I mean really...is that the most practical way to destroy evidence?  So they are able to cover up some massive conspiracy that would take thousands of people, but they couldn't just toss some files into an incinerator?

Metallicube said:
- To believe that a plane can hit perhaps the most guarded and filmed building in the world, leaving a tiny hole with no imprints from the wings or engines, and provide no footage in which to view of its impact to this day. 

A tiny hole?  Are you talking about the hole in one of the interior rings?  Because the hole on the outside was pretty large until that section collapsed.  Ignoring all that, what is your point?  Are you saying a plane didn't hit the pentagon?  There was tons of debris from the plane around the crash, there are eyewitness testimonies, and you can see damage to light poles and a generator along the path the plane took.  So what are you getting at?

Metallicube said:

- To believe that a plane can crash into a field and vaporize itself, and the near indestructible black boxes, yet leave paper passports and bandanas intact, despite the fact that NO plane has ever virtually vaporized upon a crash in world history

Pretty sure the Flight 93 black box was one of the few that was recovered and working.  Here is the transcript.  Also the plane wasn't vaporized.  There were plenty of discernable parts found, but keep in mind most plane crashes are the pilot attempting to land a damaged plane.  The Flight 93 crash was likely much faster and at a steeper angle than most crashes.

Metallicube said:

- To believe that 19 men armed with box cutters can overcome a trillion dollar military and intelligence system, take over 4 US planes, remain airborne over the course of several hours, evading the North American Aerospace Defense Comand, which successfully intercepted something like 60/60 hijackings the previous year, and manage to hit 75% of their targets, when interceptions from NORAD are routine within 10 minutes.

That's essentially what you believe if you go with the official conspiracy theory by our wonderful government.. So at least realize that and ponder the absurdities of what you stand behind before you react on emotions and immediately go making out the skeptics to be idiots or nutjobs.

None of the planes were hijacked for several hours.  They ranged from Flight 77 being about 45 minutes to Flight 175 being less than 20 minutes.  Also as I mentioned earlier, most of those other hijackings were to use the plane/passengers as bargaining power, not as a weapon.

A trillion dollar military and intelligence system doesn't make you invincible.  As an analogy, a soldier might have all the best training and weapons money can buy, but that doesn't mean some kid with a Kalashnikov knock off can't get lucky.  You could run the scenario a thousand times and it may never happen again, but it only has to happen once.

I stand by my creationist comparison.  Both hold onto their beliefs to a fault, and both want to conjure up fantastical explanations rather than accept the ordinary ones.

Crap, I think my post must have been too long.  Or can you not do multiple quotes anymore?

Nevermind, fixed it.

Believing it didn't happen, is just as worthless as believing it happened and you didn't, if you don't have a better explanation.

If you want to talk hypotheticals
One could arrive to that the conspiracy goes beyond the U.S. An illuminati or something

. The events of 9-11 subsequently made the U.S. act and look like a huge jack ass because thinking they were doing it for "freedom." Causing the U.S. to spend and lose trillions of dollars fighting really crappy wars.

Essentially. If you were a terrorist fighting against the U.S. Wouldn't this be exactly what you wanted? Economy failing, people in the government passing half-assed plans that won't work.

It sounds cold. The death of all those who died on 9/11 is insignificant compared to the rest of the world. And the actions that were set forth afterward. Particularly where many other parts of the world people die under oppressive regimes. I'm saddened by this, but I'm no more saddened by the deaths of 9-11 than any other deaths.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Believing it didn't happen, is just as worthless as believing it happened and you didn't, if you don't have a better explanation.

If you want to talk hypotheticals
One could arrive to that the conspiracy goes beyond the U.S. An illuminati or something

. The events of 9-11 subsequently made the U.S. act and look like a huge jack ass because thinking they were doing it for "freedom." Causing the U.S. to spend and lose trillions of dollars fighting really crappy wars.

Essentially. If you were a terrorist fighting against the U.S. Wouldn't this be exactly what you wanted? Economy failing, people in the government passing half-assed plans that won't work.

It sounds cold. The death of all those who died on 9/11 is insignificant compared to the rest of the world. And the actions that were set forth afterward. Particularly where many other parts of the world people die under oppressive regimes.

Agreed. Well said. The terrorists are probably saying mission accomplished right now.

Yakuzaice, I appreciate your in depth response, as it's better than most of the people I argue with about this topic who refuse to even engage in debate and shrug me off as a nutjob. Unfortunately, your statements are little more than vague talking points of the official conspiracy theory that I have heard all too often. I see no solid evidence to support the official conspiracy. We may as well agree to disagree, because both of our arguments are essentially speculation rather than facts. The difference is, you believe the story of a government that has lied to us on several occasions, whereas I have physics on my side, as well as a bit of common snese.

I simply cannot, and will not believe that a steel reinforced building can implode on itself at freefall. You may as well ask me to believe in Santa Clause as well. The idea is so implausible, the fact that the government actually tries to convince people of this story is insulting to me that they would consider us so stupid. Really frightening how the media can so easily manipulate the mass opinion.. At some point you have to try to separate your mind from the media and everything they have pounded into your head and use your common sense. Look at the collapse of the towers again. And honestly tell me, with those massive cauliflower smoke clouds and explosive squids coming out ahead of the demolition wave, and the steel columns shooting out sideways.. Do you REALLY believe those are falling from merely gravity? There were bone fragments less than ONE CENTIMETER found on the roof of a nearby building years after the attacks. How did that happen? What about the WTC employee who felt an explosion in the basement BEFORE the plane strikes? What of the numerous people who had skin melted off their bodies and had to go through surgery from the various explosions throughout the building? What about the numerous cores of the WTC that were inches thick of steel? How on earth could those give way, let alone at free fall? What about the blueprint for thermite residue recently found in the WTC dust? Honestly, what more do some of you people need?

WTC complex was designed to withstand MULTIPLE 707 impacts. The planes that actually hit them were actually SMALLER than 707s..

Also, the hole at the pentagon had no imprints from the wings and engines. It's just a circular hole.. How on earth do you explain that? Planes do have wings, do they not? :/

WTC7 did collapse in 7 seconds.. Watch the footage. It's clear as day. Not sure how you can argue otherwise. The building had DOZENS of steel columns running from the basement to the roof. They would ALL have to fail for the building to collapse..

Plane crashes have debris. LOTS of it. Look at the crash in Shanksville. Microsopic pices of debris and ash is all you can see. Do you HONESTLY not find that crash site suspicious?

The Bush's and Bin Ladens have several ties for oil. This is documented fact. The 9/11 attacks are what we call false flag attacks, set in place to initiate a new level of imperialism and domestic policy. Google "Operation Northwoods." This sort of public manipulation through false flag events is actually very common throughout history. It is nothing new.

Whatever, I can literally go through THOUSANDS of other pieces of evidence, but I'd rather not waste more of my time arguing with one person over the internet, who is not going to change his view anyway. And even if you did, what the hell difference would it make anyway? No skin off MY back..

I guess it just disheartens me of how many well meaning people still believe the official government story. It's not only wrong, but potentially dangerous. Just look at what has happened to our country since then. Look at how they've used 9/11 as a pretext to things like the Patriot Act, two seemingly endless wars, the end of posse comitatus, wiretapping, and other increased big brother tactics. We are marching closer and closer to fascism and people simple don't care.

a speech made on 9/11/90. exactly 11 years before the twin towers fell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PoNkLVLus4

planned long time ago. people gotta stop denying it and come to their senses. its been 10 years and alot of people still dont know or cant comprehend the truth. the other day i heard on some program that over 40% of americans now think the US government had something to do with it, so alot of people do know what really happened.

look how fishy this is

http://world911truth.org/world-trade-center-employee-discusses-pre-911-power-downs/

wfz said:
HappySqurriel said:
wfz said:
It's not about accepting other strange theories as much as it's about acknowledging that what we were told is impossible to be true.

The way the Twin Towers fell was impossible given the situation. They fell at the speed of gravitational force with no resistance, and straight down into themselves. They had very minor fires and the heat produced by any fire even at its max temperature would be 700 degrees less than what steel melts at.

There are steel buildings that have burned intensely throughout every floor for 18 hours and still didn't fall down, yet building 7 fell down with very minor fires after only a short time? And the Twin Towers... after only an hour? They withstand stronger forces from winter storms than they took from the airplanes.

If you're going to comment in this thread, watch the video first and respond to the points made in it. I want to hear real answers to the questions brought up, not accusations thrown around.

I think you need to retake physics ...

Care to elaborate and say something useful, rather than redirecting the topic? Explain to me how the building fell with absolutely no resistance, onto itself, when other similar buildings never fell even after burning with much more intense fires for many more hours.

Explain to me how the fire got hot enough to melt the steel, when many tests have been done by the fire department proving that fires can't melt steel so easily? And why did the whole building so easily collapse instead of just the top floors falling over?

I'm not trying to throw conspiracy theories around, I'm trying to look at this objectively and figure out what really is and isn't possible. And what we've been told... doesn't seem possible to me. So in all of your glory and wisdom, do you mind saying something actually useful to the discussion?

D21Lewis, I'll reply to you later. Thanks for giving actual consideration to this thread. =)

The answer is simple and straightforward ...

When the planes crashed into the buildings they probably eliminated somewhere between 25% and 50% of the structural strength across 2 or 3 floors of the building; and the fire from the jet fuel probably got multiple structural elements over 700 degrees, and the structural strength of the steel structure in the building was reduced by another 25% to 50%. At this point the structure across these floors was no longer strong enough to support the building and these floors buckled. As these floors crumbled, the building above them was able to increase in speed and build momentum and when it (finally) hit floors with their structure (mostly) intact the force of the building falling was an order of magnitude greater than what the building was ever designed to support; and expecting the building to slow/stop this collapse is kind of like expecting a person to stop a moving bus by holding their arms out.

HappySqurriel said:
wfz said:
HappySqurriel said:
wfz said:
It's not about accepting other strange theories as much as it's about acknowledging that what we were told is impossible to be true.

The way the Twin Towers fell was impossible given the situation. They fell at the speed of gravitational force with no resistance, and straight down into themselves. They had very minor fires and the heat produced by any fire even at its max temperature would be 700 degrees less than what steel melts at.

There are steel buildings that have burned intensely throughout every floor for 18 hours and still didn't fall down, yet building 7 fell down with very minor fires after only a short time? And the Twin Towers... after only an hour? They withstand stronger forces from winter storms than they took from the airplanes.

If you're going to comment in this thread, watch the video first and respond to the points made in it. I want to hear real answers to the questions brought up, not accusations thrown around.

I think you need to retake physics ...

Care to elaborate and say something useful, rather than redirecting the topic? Explain to me how the building fell with absolutely no resistance, onto itself, when other similar buildings never fell even after burning with much more intense fires for many more hours.

Explain to me how the fire got hot enough to melt the steel, when many tests have been done by the fire department proving that fires can't melt steel so easily? And why did the whole building so easily collapse instead of just the top floors falling over?

I'm not trying to throw conspiracy theories around, I'm trying to look at this objectively and figure out what really is and isn't possible. And what we've been told... doesn't seem possible to me. So in all of your glory and wisdom, do you mind saying something actually useful to the discussion?

D21Lewis, I'll reply to you later. Thanks for giving actual consideration to this thread. =)

The answer is simple and straightforward ...

When the planes crashed into the buildings they probably eliminated somewhere between 25% and 50% of the structural strength across 2 or 3 floors of the building; and the fire from the jet fuel probably got multiple structural elements over 700 degrees, and the structural strength of the steel structure in the building was reduced by another 25% to 50%. At this point the structure across these floors was no longer strong enough to support the building and these floors buckled. As these floors crumbled, the building above them was able to increase in speed and build momentum and when it (finally) hit floors with their structure (mostly) intact the force of the building falling was an order of magnitude greater than what the building was ever designed to support; and expecting the building to slow/stop this collapse is kind of like expecting a person to stop a moving bus by holding their arms out.

that sounds ridiculous. i dont know wheter to cry or laugh, thats how bad your theory is.