By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII-3? Square Enix planning ahead

Link: http://fusible.com/2011/09/square-enix-registers-final-fantasy-xiii-3-domain-xiii-2-due-to-release-in-2012/

Square Enix registers Final Fantasy XIII-3 domain, XIII-2 due to release in 2012

J.B. | September 9, 2011 | Comments 4 Comments

Square Enix is planning ahead for the day the company releases Final Fantasy XIII-3, as it appears the company has just registered the domain name finalfantasyxiii-3.com through Corporation Service Company (CSC), a corporate domain registrar that provides trademark services.  Square Enix and its gaming companies have used CSC for other game domain purchases such as HeroesofRuin.com and Deusex.com.

According to Whois records, finalfantasyxiii-3.com was registered on September 7, 2011. 

But if the purchase is more than just part of the company’s intellectual property strategy, it’ll be awhile before anything is seen. 

Square Enix is expected to release Final Fantasy XIII-2, the direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, in January 2012  — nearly a year and a half after finalfantasyxiii-2.com was registered and 2 years after talk of a sequel began.

You might also be interested in:

1. Square Enix files new trademark application for Final Fantasy Versus XIII A recent trademark filing by Square Enix should reinvigorate fans’ hopes...
  2. Domain dispute over ManofSteel.com, film set for release in December 2012 Updated July 20, 2011:  Turns out the complainant in the...
  3. Will Zynga release “Farmville Express”? Company registers farmvilleexpress.com, expressfarmville.com domain names Social gaming giant Zynga has registered the domain names farmvilleexpress.com...

Around the Network

If they're gonna make sequels, make them to games that are actually GOOD, not just pretty.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Wow. Well, I wonder what this means for the conclusion of XIII-2's story. I do hope that no shortcuts are taken because a third game is on the way to explain it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SE is just doing this as a just in case but I highly doubt it'll happen. Of course there will be quite a few morons who'll believe that the game is in development.

...And it will be released before we even get a full fledged gameplay trailer of FFvXIII.

Around the Network

SE release Versus dammit!

I am ok with the idea as long as that it is a great game but release VERSUS FIRST!!!

outlawauron said:
Wow. Well, I wonder what this means for the conclusion of XIII-2's story. I do hope that no shortcuts are taken because a third game is on the way to explain it.

this

NoCtiS_NoX said:
SE release Versus dammit!

I am ok with the idea as long as that it is a great game but release VERSUS FIRST!!!

SE has renewed the trademark for Versus as of August 31, 2011, they're almost done with XIII-2, it's Versus time :D

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=85411360

Runa216 said:
If they're gonna make sequels, make them to games that are actually GOOD, not just pretty.

This...

have mercy SE...

Geez, can't they just concentrate on the game that they announced back in like 2006, then they can work on other games? At this rate, it will be 2030 before Versus XIII comes out.