By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA up, 3rd September

spurgeonryan said:
Well Japan may push the 3DS even higher up over the PS3 and the Wii may even beat the 360 WW. Deus Ex deserves those sales!

Not a chance; the Wii sold about 12k in Japan.

Around the Network

Looks like the PS3 won't get cake this week...

spurgeonryan said:
reviniente said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well Japan may push the 3DS even higher up over the PS3 and the Wii may even beat the 360 WW. Deus Ex deserves those sales!

I will keep my fingers crosssed. Unless the actual numbers are out then...wow!...just wow!

You're expecting our numbers to be that higher than media-create's?

Boutros said:
Get Fit with Mel B? lol wut

Teh powa of teh Moves . On PS3 it's sold 5x 360 version and 20x Wii version. It's PS3's Wii Fit .

17% drop for PS3 isn't that huge given there's no major software to keep it afloat. After all it's still 36K ahead of Wii and likely to stay well ahead.

Interesting little 360 lift there. Were there some special deals on or something? I can't see the modest launch for Driver or the rather small launch for Madden being the reason. Though it is kinda just in natural week on week fluctuation territory so I suppose there doesn't need to be an identifiable reason.

I suppose we won't see many comments from Nintendo about 3DS sales until some time early next year. This holiday is important for 3DS to get some good momentum. I expect we'll see a 1 million week for 3DS.

Is this the first week Kinect Adventures has been outside the top 40? If so it seems a bit odd given the slight WoW increase and Adventures was in the top 40 last week.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Boutros said:
Get Fit with Mel B? lol wut

Teh powa of teh Moves . On PS3 it's sold 5x 360 version and 20x Wii version. It's PS3's Wii Fit .

17% drop for PS3 isn't that huge given there's no major software to keep it afloat. After all it's still 36K ahead of Wii and likely to stay well ahead.

Interesting little 360 lift there. Were there some special deals on or something? I can't see the modest launch for Driver or the rather small launch for Madden being the reason. Though it is kinda just in natural week on week fluctuation territory so I suppose there doesn't need to be an identifiable reason.

I suppose we won't see many comments from Nintendo about 3DS sales until some time early next year. This holiday is important for 3DS to get some good momentum. I expect we'll see a 1 million week for 3DS.

Is this the first week Kinect Adventures has been outside the top 40? If so it seems a bit odd given the slight WoW increase and Adventures was in the top 40 last week.

Bolded - I wish more people understood ever little rise/dip isn't of note asyou note.  Most of the time it's just random fluctuation in demand and doesn't mean anything.

OT - not bad hold for PS3 given lack of titles to drive demand in what remains a quiet period.  Otherwise fairly average really seems to me.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Pretty good hold for Xenoblade!

(not bad hold for PS3 given lack of titles to drive demand in what remains a quiet period. Otherwise fairly average really seems to me).

this sounds like an excuse to me,what other system had software to drive sales?as others have said they did not expect such a drop for ps3 and in it,s strongest region to boot.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

This is indeed surprising to me as well. I expected the PS3 to hit 200k this week WW. It would have to have huge sales in Japan which will not happen since it will likely drop in lu of next week's Tales of Xillia release. Maybe I was originially right when I predicted between 190K and 195K for next week. I may have to revert back to my previous predictions. I guess we will see.

Looks like Zumba Fitness is still the main seller for Wii. Didn't that come out a long while ago? It has some really nice legs.

spurgeonryan said:
reviniente said:
spurgeonryan said:

I will keep my fingers crosssed. Unless the actual numbers are out then...wow!...just wow!

Keep your fingers crossed for what? It sold 11k, we're not going to show any different 0_o